Custom PC For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Now Boys..Don't make me separate you two!!!!:lol::eek::D

LOL that's what mom used to say.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

This forum happens to have rules. Maybe you should read them. Forums are not about saying whatever comes to mind.

That's your opinion of what a forum is, and that's fine. It doesn't make it so however.

Here is the definition I choose to believe:

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

LOL that's what mom used to say.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

That's your opinion of what a forum is, and that's fine. It doesn't make it so however.

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I never said what a forum is, nor do I care about what you think it is.

What I'm saying is pretty easy to understand: you didn't follow the rules. Period.

Last edited:
None of what you said is in the forum rules.
actually, he said:
"The forum is for the members who gather and talk computers. This sub-forum is for us."
the rules explicitly say:
"Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership,"

he also said:
"His is a first post and only post in here. A fly by ad. No introduction, no threads."
which is not in the rules, but a patent fact, he only made 2 posts:
1, please buy my PC.
2, are you serious about that price.

then he said:"A lot of forums required so many posts to post ads. No fly bys."
Whilst i'm not going to go and gather evidence for you. that's also true. (not in the rules, but it would be a complete irrelevance to post up rules for other forums.

This forum happens to have rules. Maybe you should read them. Forums are not about saying whatever comes to mind.
Indeed this forum does have rules... (some better enforced than others!)
that's also correct, (and not at odds with the rules.)
it's pretty much a dictionary definition that a forum is a place to meet and exchange ideas.
AMD_man said:
For the time being, Technician and Pete.i could be banned for their behaviour. And I would like to see that happen.
That's not going to happen.

in reality, it is simple.
I understand what you are saying:
even if a guy just shows up apparently just trying to post an advert and make a quick buck. that's no reason to yank on his chain...

you're saying, we should take note of:
rules said:
Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

Harassment, flaming, stalking or predatory behavior will not be tolerated.

The thing is, I don't read their posts like that. - and clearly none of the other moderators read it that way either. (as the post is still here)

and I don't think it's necessarily bad to give some leeway here:

especially when considering this part:
the rules said:
Classifieds Use
Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website.
Your ad must contain a digital photograph of the item alongside of a handwritten note with your username and the date the picture was taken.
Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
The first post breaks those rules. not just in a way that messing with someone might be understood as "harassment" but in a "literal" "black and white"
-don't post ebay links -Oh there one is!,
post a picture - Oh there one isn't!

kind of way.

but it was allowed to stay...

see this rule:
rules said:
Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.

Also... be careful what you wish for. when you start calling out members by name saying that they should be banned.

that come pretty close in a "literal, I'm going to read black and white and not bother to think about the 'intent' of the rules" reading to violating.

"Do not engage in personal attacks"
"Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track."

I'm going to save you breaking this rule:
Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed.

by locking this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom