Why is it so hard to find a detailed motherboard manual?

Your politically correct statement doesn't make me less right. The circuit is just too big.

You actually believe that no human can understand certain circuitry and trace all of it's elements?

Who created these things, aliens?:rofl:

You actually believe that no human can understand certain circuitry and trace all of it's elements?

Who created these things, aliens?:rofl:

:facepalm:

I told you, it can be done, but it would take too much time. Grabbing a diagram from scratch and looking over every component would take a really long time. You can't imagine what he is asking for looks like, can you?

Making it is another deal. It is usually designed by a team, that follow each step of the process. It's like starting a TV show in the 10th season and trying to understand what happened in the others in 10 minutes by having a mute person explain it.

:facepalm:

I told you, it can be done, but it would take too much time. Grabbing a diagram from scratch and looking over every component would take a really long time. You can't imagine what he is asking for looks like, can you?
Of course I can. It sounds like you are the one that doesn't understand.

I use diagrams that are a lot more complex than a motherboard every day.
I can assure you its not that difficult if you understand the symbology and terminology.

I can assure you its not that difficult if you understand the symbology and terminology.

An electric engineering freshman understands the terminology. I do, and I'm an industrial engineer, which has nothing to do with that.

Hey, I know what I timer is and how to draw it! Can I start designing 64bit CPUs now?

You saying that really makes me doubt this (I would doubt it even if you hadn't):

I use diagrams that are a lot more complex than a motherboard every day.

Ever hear of an iGen 4 Diamond digital press?
How about a little company called Xerox?
Your understanding of things and what you do or do not doubt is all moot.
It changes nothing in the real world.

For example, for a modern OEM ASUS laptop motherboard I can only find the dumbed down user manual on the manufacturer's website (not the actual motherboard manual).

I'm looking for the motherboard manual which has instructions on for example: form factor (ATX, micro-ATX, mini-ATX,..), how to reset the BIOS, how to upgrade the BIOS, what jumpers represent what, electrical scheme/design (complete with transistor types, voltages, etc). In other words, specialized information, not general information.

In summary: the OEM manufacturer manuals out there are too plain, simple and lacking detail. Where do I find the actual technical motherboard manuals like the ones I described above?

I thought this information can be found in the manual that comes with the box when you purchase it?

He is talking about an oem system he bought at a store, not the components you buy to build one. If you build it you get the information with the parts.

Back
Top Bottom