What should i upgrade on my pc to increase fps?

Shanneii

Beta member
in my pc i have a AMD A4-6300 cpu, a Radeon R7 370 2gb graphics card and a 16gb of ram so overall what should i upgarde next and why? thx

It all depends, mainly on your budget and how ambitious you want to be.

Your CPU would be the first thing as it is just a dual core. The sticking point is the age of the socket and what your motherboard can actually run. While FM2 CPUs are still out and available it has hit EOL (end of line) meaning you can upgrade with your current mobo for now and push back the inevitable for a while.

If you are ambitious you can upgrade CPU and mobo. Intel just dropped prices due to AMD releasing the Ryzen chips but you would have to choose the CPU/mobo combo carefully to ensure that the mobo could use your RAM (which I assume is DDR3). An AM3+ CPU/mobo is an option but they have just hit EOL as well.

If you have the money you can go with Ryzen but only the top three R7 chips are currently out, the 1800X, the 1700X, and the 1700. The R5 and R3 chips should be out next quarter IIRC. Upgrading to Ryzen, either now or then, will require DR4 RAM as would the latest from Intel.

Your GPU, while not a top end cord, is still a decent performer for all but the top end games. It can run the top end but on low settings for the most part. It comes in just under the GTX 760 which was my previous card which is still a good card for gaming.

I have the 370 (the 4 Gb version). I can run FO4 on ultra 1080p at 45FPS with some drops. You need to upgrade your CPU for sure though. You could keep that GPU for some time if you need to.

Going to agree with the others and say CPU. Might be a faff to get a decent CPU in the motherboard though.

What is the model of the motherboard? This will give us a better idea of whether it's plausible to upgrade just the CPU (if the chipset is FM2+), or whether you'd be better off getting a new motherboard too (if the chipset is only FM2).

I'd say you try to sell motherboard, CPU and RAM and just go ahead and change everything. If you keep using that platform, you'll be asking this same question in very little time.

However, as joedaman said, you can find out what board you have and you can probably get a decent used CPU.

One thing I may say, if I may, that AMD GPU's typically have more longevity than the nVidia counterpart GPU's over time because the AMD release cycle is slower and they also truly care about their customers and release nice driver optimizations over time where nVidia seems to sometimes purposefully bork GPU's 2 gens backwards (through lack of optimization in drivers in my opinion). So, the R7 370 is still a nice GPU for 1080p generally speaking. As others have said you really only need a better CPU for now to work with your R 370.

Back
Top Bottom