new case

I ran into two issues, Wife and the size of the area in the desk where the tower would be placed. I have about 18" for height. And Wifey wants the red one....The BOSS has spoken!! :hide: I ordered it this morning, or shuld i say my wife did....

Happy wife, happy life. Who the hell cares about cooling anyways :thumb:

I hope it solves the problem.

Have you ever heard of a program called "speedfan" by chance? I am running it right now and after tweaking the fan speed on the cpu its down to 29 c!!. Something must be wrong with the motherboard sensors on cooling fan for the cpu. I am still going to get the new case but am glad that the program works. The following are the current temps right now:

GPU 37c
cpu29c
Ambient 31c
remote73c
hd1 34c
temp1 40c
the remote ?? not sure where that temp is coming from? Much better!

Yes, I've heard. If the motherbard's sensor was damaged, then Speedfan would give you wrong information too. I believe the remote temperature belongs to the monitor, and 70°C is ok.

I have been using open hardware monitor. it says the same now that i have sped up the fan. go figure. Don't know what to believe anymore. Two programs said the same before i tweeked the fan speed on cpu, Same now after tweeked. go figure....:confused:

I think i have figured out which case i want for my computer and future builds. Its a Rosewill Brand, Model Redbone U3 Mid-tower.

Rosewill REDBONE Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ Red LED Fan | eBay

Anyone of you have one by chance?? Any known issues?? From what i could find out it has good ratings. There are a copuple of U-Tubes on it too!

I just want to get your opinion before i go and put down the money on it. Thanks Dan:whistling:

You found one that's dirt cheap alright. If price is the main concern it will work.
My last several builds have all been in this: SilverStone Fortress FT02 Case Review - Hardware Secrets
I find that the benefits far outweigh the cost although it isn't a cheap case by a long shot.
It's a 7 year old design and I have not seen a design that surpasses it in all that time, that says a lot.
There are more flamboyant designs but none that are superior for access, cooling and convenience, and none that have a better look for my money.

I used to like using cases from "Fractal Design," fairly subtle and the higher end models have cable management, rubber sound deadening on the hard drive mounts etc. Harddrives could easily be removed once attached as the mounts were loaded in with a spring type clasp which you could squeeze to get the drive out.

Well, I guess i will find out if its any good. I can always blame my wifey. she picked it! I was looking at about 4 others and she picked this one.

Back
Top Bottom