Override McAfee

emmettk90

Solid State Member
I have McAfee Total Protection installed on my Laptop, and suddenly it has started to block a couple of websites I go to and say they are dangerous. I know they are safe and am trying to find a way to override McAfee.

Is there a way to tell McAfee that these sites are safe.

No site is always safe. Safety is conditional at best.But yes. If you want to visit known bad sites, turn Macafee off first.

I was going to say the same thing....Turn off your anti-virus or go through the settings and see if there is a white list of web sites you can add to it.

I have McAfee Total Protection installed on my Laptop, and suddenly it has started to block a couple of websites I go to and say they are dangerous. I know they are safe and am trying to find a way to override McAfee.

Is there a way to tell McAfee that these sites are safe.

Turn off McAfee Total Protection is the only way to bypass the restriction. However, it's somewhat dangerous when visiting those sites as your antivirus already warn you about the threats.

This is true...So if you have a premium version of Malwarebyes like I do, It will come in handy when turning off your Anti-virus.

Back
Top Bottom