Random Chit Chat

I didn't watch much TV but now more so because of my pains. I have to lie down a lot because of my tightwad insurance giving the pain clinics the runaround that they dropped me.

That means no pain pills and no injections. Hadn't had any since Nov.

In other words, otherwise you won't have that many free channels thru other reception means? Hmm... our plates here give us at least a couple hundred free channels. Not all HDTV, but all no less than clean 720x480p.

Feat your eyes on what we got covered here (F means free!):
https://www.lyngsat.com/Nilesat-201-and-Eutelsat-7-West-A.html (all Arabic based)
https://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-Hot-Bird-13B-13C-13E.html (the 13 deg. E European channels).

I guess the only downside is the lack of too many HDTV ones. But 720x480p is nothing to complain about really specially if tons and tons are free. But yeah, maybe cuz I know two languages I can watch all those.

No idea who that woman is. Maybe if you quiz me a woman my type I'd know ;)

You get all that from an antenna?

I don't watch TV all that much either, I hate all the commercials. We don't have cable or satellite TV, but our LCD TV pulls in 53 HD channels wich is fine with us.

We've got satellite (Think it could be IPTV) as we can't and don't have cable. It's in other parts of the country but no where I live. It works and is stable.

Last edited:
Do cable channels require tuning/searching like antenna and satellite? I'm under the impression the provider just streams the subscribed channel in. If so, then it is the most convenient connection (compared to channel availability). No cable around here, but now there is IPTV thru fiber optics. I believe it reserves 10mbps of the internet connection for 1080p.

Anyway, I don't watch TV at all now. It's here for the family and I'm just a parasite living with my parents.

You get all that from an antenna?

No, from the plates (AKA satellite dishes).

I finally upgraded the CPU in my Plex PC that I bought a month or two ago. Q6600 to a Q8200S for some power savings.

You mean electricity bills? But Celery says the PSU pulls what the PSU is rated for, no matter what or how parts save power! I presume you did not replace the PSU with another.

Ah, is it really worth it?

Back
Top Bottom