Random Chit Chat

Yeah, I did a quick scan of eBay, and "for parts" sales of this model are only just under $100, and that's assuming that the machine in question only has a dead mainboard or broken screen. The plastic of mine is completely gone-- the bezel and shell of the display, the keyboard and top plate with integrated touchpad... one hinge is frozen and the bottom shell is broken...

I was also considering picking up a small roll-around suitcase and integrating the machine into that. Can you imagine how much battery I could carry around, not to mention a full-size keyboard?

If I was in your situation I'd do one of three things, (in this order)

1, Use it as a server, (put a USB mouse/keyboard with it) install some server OS on it. enjoy my low power server with built in UPS.

2, do the tablet idea, sure not an uber portable tablet, but something with good screen real-estate plenty of battery, full sized ports etc.

3, chuck it out, or sell it for parts.

$100 for plastic + keyboard + track pad + hinges isn't a bad option though.

(if it's being sold spare/repair then it's likely a dead main board rather than these other bits that you actually need.)

So, I replaced my car's (a gasser) fuel injectors this time. Total cost including labor is ~$145 USD. They are six injectors in total. I also replaced the fuel filter to send cleaner fuel from the tank, with a total cost of ~$44 USD.

What a crummy morning. I had an appt at 1pm at my new pain clinic and my bowels are in an uproar this morning.

Twice I didn't get my pants down in time when my ass decided to become a geyser. :eek:

Third time almost didn't make it. :lol:

Showered and now washing my clothes. I called the clinic and reschedule the appt. She asked me why and I said I have to tell you ??

I got a bug in my bowels.

Really? That it?

Oh alright, I pooped in my pants twice this morning ok? I'm not going anywhere today ok?

Fine, I'll see you next week same time?

:facepalm:

It's pretty creepy. But i dig it. Hope you like my new avatar too.
So it's a virus infection, eh. I hope you get well soon, because that sucks.

It does. I feel like crap. Getting a headache WTF!

As soon as my clothes are ready I'm going back to bed.

Craps, now I know why I'm sick, Mold (1350) and Mountain Cedar (4700) (pollens) are off the charts. It's my allergy reaction that's making me sick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom