Laptop Computer between $200 and $350

Eries

Solid State Member
I am helping a friend to get the best deal on a Laptop and she does not want a HP and I am not sure about ASUS Laptops they could be a very good Laptop.
I was hoping that Toshiba would have one in this price range.
She would like one that is around 14 or 15 inch. She likes to watch movies and TV on it, she does not play any games.
I have told her that I have a DELL but I feel that their cases are not built as strong as the Toshiba.
To get the best deal: 500GB hard drive, Touchscreen, and anything else that you can get the deal deal on.
John
She does not want a Refurbished Laptops

Last edited:
If I was to go with $500.00 and NO touchscreen

She does not want a Refurbished Laptops

If we went up to $500.00 I would like to get a Toshiba and if not which would be the next best one.

A lot of refurbished laptops are great for the price and could beat some of the newer laptops coming out today for your price range. You wouldn't be able find one for $500 with an i5 CPU and/or 256GB SSD which would make it very fast. If your friend will only be using it for basic tasks like internet browsing, emails and watching tv shows and listening to music this one for only $339 is perfect DELL Laptop E6430 Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M (2.60 GHz) 8 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 14.0" Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Most of the Toshibas I have seen are horrible. Maybe they have better ones in the high price range, but the low end ones that used to come into our shop were really bad. Cases always made entirely of plastic, and the main boards would die on them all the time. HP's aren't too good either in my opinion. Lots of overheating issues that have sort of gotten better, but they still cut lots of corners with their laptops.

I've had good luck with Dell and Acer in terms of being decently made and budget friendly.

You can also buy used from Amazon Warehouse and get a new one that was bought and returned. It will have a manufacturer warranty and be as good as a new one for a little bit less.

Question: I would like to know which one out of the 3 Laptops would you seriously consider buying ASUS , ACER and LENOVO with the a budget od $450.00 and try to stay between $350.00 and $450.00?

Now to get the best quality for your dollar watch Laptop would fall into this range? She does not want HP.

ASUS, DELL, ACUS, Toshiba and LENOVO. I know nothing about the LENOVO.

Is a touchscreen worth the money and are you cutting yourself short by getting one when you could get a better one with it? Remember she does not play games on it, watch TV, Email, Movies no high tech stiff.

With this said which would be her best deal for her.

Don't get a touchscreen unless you need one, which most people don't. We use lenovos at work and they are decent but they look rather plain. They're usually assembled pretty simply and are easy to repair when necessary, which I like. I still like the Dells better though if you can find a solid one.

You have the same problem I have with the frame around the screen being lose and not clipping together.

What do you think about ASUS?

I haver a top of the line ASUS that is nice, but well beyond your budget and I am not sure of the quality on the cheapo lines they produce.
Consider a chromebok for the applications you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom