Merry christmas

Hope everyone had a great holiday. My wife cooked a delicious Prime Rib which is our family's tradition. Too much food as usual.

Well, another Christmas is in the books. It was a good one in some ways, but in some ways not. Finances have been tight of late so that added to the stress, then add my wife and her mom getting into it a couple of days beforehand (nothing major, but her mom is a very negative person and just seems to have a knack for tearing my wife up at EVERY holiday) and it was rough. Me having a low grade migraine for three days didn't help much either.

Anyway, after church everyone came to our house. We had a spiral sliced ham (I overcooked it a little unfortunately, but it was still good), sausage balls, pigs in a blanket, cracker salad (you will have to Google it, but my mom makes it and it is good), ranch sausage wonton cups, Velveeta cheese dip, a couple of platters of sandwich fixings, an apple walnut cake, chess bars, and a dump it cake (a no mix cake, layers are applesauce, crushed pineapple, yellow cake mix, melted butter, chopped pecans, then frosted with Cool Whip once it has cooled).

Well we had a wonderful Christmas dinner. It was a repeat of the same food we had for Thanksgiving....lots of turkey and ham. There was lots of vegetables and salad. I ate so much my tummy hurt.

It's been a while since I stuffed myself like that.

Now it's on to New Years ....:)

Damn Trot you're making me drool. :lol:

:D

My mom's recipe for cracker salad is basically this one except she adds bacon bits into it, then tops it with more bacon bits and shredded cheese. Best made a day ahead and left overnight in the fridge.
Cracker Salad Recipe - Allrecipes.com

The wonton cups are close to this one, but I use a whole chopped red bell pepper, a can of diced back olives instead of sliced, and use spray olive oil instead of brushing on oil. I don't measure the ranch dressing, I just make sure there is plenty so the stuffing sticks together real good. This calls for 60 wrappers but I buy a 50 count pack and make 48 (four muffin tins worth). My wife won't let me change it up but I bet they would be great made with hot sausage and green chiles, or Italian sausage and basil, or chorizo and salsa in place or ranch.
Hidden Valley Ranch Sausage Stars Recipe - Food.com

Back
Top Bottom