Weird latency issues

Controlled_

Solid State Member
I got BT Infinity installed a while back and I noticed when I played minecraft, I had this weird latency when I was pvping, as if it wasn't registering the hit straight away 40% of the time.

I only play minecraft on my PC, all the other games I play are on PS4 and they work perfectly fine.

Before I had BT Infinity, my connection was 5Mb/down and 1Mb/up with like a 50 ping when tested on speedtest.net Now with BT Infinity, my connection is 50Mb/down and 10Mb/up with like a 25 ping when tested on speedtest.net

I've called them and they said my connection is fine and there is no error on the line, and it's true, I can run like 10 4k videos at once with netflix running on two devices and the connection doesn't even budge, so I don't understand why I get this weird latency that used to work absolutely perfectly on my old crappy connection that couldn't withstand a couple youtube videos without pausing every second.

My main question is, could my router be faulty in some way, or maybe just be a bad router? Would buying a new router help with this weird latency issue the current one I have is faulty? If a new router would help, what one should I get? Preferably priced around £150-200, thanks.

Wired or Wireless connection?

Wired:
- Type of cable in use?

Wireless:
- 2.4 to 5 ghz frequency wireless?
- What type of connections does the adapter in the computer support? (A/B/G/N/AC)
- What type of connections does the router support? ( " " )

Wired or Wireless connection?

Wired:
- Type of cable in use?

Wireless:
- 2.4 to 5 ghz frequency wireless?
- What type of connections does the adapter in the computer support? (A/B/G/N/AC)
- What type of connections does the router support? ( " " )
It's a wired connection using a cat 6 ethernet

That's strange but I'd suggest borrowing a friend's router and see if you notice any improvement. If so, then buy a replacement router. Asus makes decent home routers from what I hear. I have a netgear that works just fine. It's usually only the weird off brands or the ones from the ISP that give people trouble.

That's strange but I'd suggest borrowing a friend's router and see if you notice any improvement. If so, then buy a replacement router. Asus makes decent home routers from what I hear. I have a netgear that works just fine. It's usually only the weird off brands or the ones from the ISP that give people trouble.
Ok, thanks

Back
Top Bottom