Chickens to eats here in Saudi Arabia.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Hello guys.

Here in Saudi Arabia we love food. Chicken, for the topic's sake, is everywhere.

I'll share some of those chickens of 900 grams units (since it is the most used commercially) WITH THEIR PRICES :D

Let's start with raw chicken.

Whole fresh chicken:
%D9%84%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B9_%D8%AF%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AC_%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%85%D8%AF_%D8%AF%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AC_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%86%D9%85%D9%8A%D9%87-i139022728216010061.jpg

Prices for those are ~10 Saudi Riyal ($2.7 USD) at most.

Whole frozen chicken:
DSC01148.JPG_s.jpg

Those come cheaper and cost like ~8 Saudi Riyals ($2.2 USD)

Now we get to the ready to eat chickens.

Roast chicken:
98257d5d270a204a534c4a3b1ec357e6_624x422_gC.jpg

Those are the most popular and they cost 18 Saudi Riyals whole ($4.8 USD), or half for half the price.

After them in popularity comes the traditionally grilled chicken:
8-3.jpg

These cost 20 Saudi Riyals ($5.4 USD) or half the price for a half.

Next there is this:
523-550x338.jpg

It is called mundi (don't ask :ermm:)

There is also this one:
%D9%85%D8%B7%D8%B9%D9%85-%D9%85%D8%B8%D8%A8%D9%8A.gif

This one's weird and it's called madbi (or something). They kinda look like the traditionally grilled ones. They say they cook them on burning stone :eek:

Dunno the prices of the last two cuz I don't get them myself.

How are the chicken prices where you live?

That's it for now :whistling:

How and where the chicken is raised is pretty important to me when I buy it to eat.
What do you know about the chickens sold in SA?

What do you know about the chickens sold in SA?

That they are tasty and I've been eating them my whole life without problems :)

There are well known local providers that people trust and due to their popularity and size they are extensively monitored. Here are some of them:

Sadia Life - Leading brands of chilled and frozen food
Fakieh Farms
Saudi Radwa | About Company
https://www.almarai.com/en/brands/alyoum

All complaints against them were about slanders and scandals on social media and were not confirmed. So much can also be said from the quality of their products that can be seen and they are good.

I believe whatever can be said about them can be said about everything else done commercially.

Not sure of what's done behind doors, but I'll see if I can find something for you to update you.

Last edited:
A major problem, especially in the poultry industry, is the genetic modification of animals to produce more meat faster. Most the time (here in the US) it is hard to tell where your meat came from and wether it was raised humanly.

Food products here are over saturated with false labels claiming "USDA Choice", "Certified Organic", "Fair Trade", "Farm Raised", ect.
But really these labels mean nothing due to the lack of requirements set forth to be able to use such labels.

In recent years the push for local non gmo meat products has heightened leading to the reincarnation of local butcher shops. A more pricy, but better option, in my opinion.

Does SA also have local butcher shops?

Ha, true.

Sorry i guess i meant ones that source local farms if available.

Ive never heard of a chain butcher shop (at least not around me) so i usually assume they only source local farms due to a lack of resources.

Obviously there are butchers in every grocery store and in the pre packaged meat factories. But they have the money to ship meat from all over the country at wholesale prices.

We do have butcher shops here, but I don't know about the detail.

One of the companies linked above have a restaurant chain specialized in chicks (you know, young chickens) of about 800g. They say they don't feed them (a short version) bad stuff. Dealing with chicks means that there is no need to puff them up faster, or at least closer to this possibility.

Here it is:
Home | altazaj

It belongs to:
Fakieh Farms

Back
Top Bottom