Dead Mobo?

Well, Pete, Celery and Technician,
Thanks for all the info and advice.
Regarding the Processor changeout.--I haven't done that, but both have the end Intel Number "05A",--which from what I've read on the 'net, means they should be interchangeable. I wonder if that means the pin pattern on the socket can accept the other processor pin pattern.
I've sourced a replacement MB---40 Euros. incl CPU and Heatsink. Ideal all things considered. Just swap it out. I#m putting an English Win 7 OS on plus MSE Security and Adobe Reader /Flash Player. MS Works. Aimed at English speaking immigrants, here in Germany. I've had it 4 years --cost me only 100 Euros with no OS. If I get 100 back I'm happy.

Thanks again guys. Have a great Christmas and success in the New Year!!

Unfortunately it will cost 100 to make a 25 euro computer. Not the sort of investment that will make you rich.

In for resetting BIOS also.

Are you getting any activity to your display? Does it come out of sleep or is the computer not waking it up? That could help to narrow down if it's a CPU, RAM, or VGA issue.

Also, fwiw guys: Socket T/775 processors are interchangeable save for some architecture issues. The Motherboard in question (the D2151) uses an Intel 945G chipset and would, in fact, support any Socket T/775 down to 65nm (which would include the Presler Family Pentium D920). It's generally understood that most chipsets that support 90nm will support 65nm also. 65nm vs 45nm is where issues began to arise in that era.

I'd say give it a shot, though. If for nothing else than a learning experience in computer diagnostics.

Back
Top Bottom