Upgrade GPU need Advices

TomatoKetchup

Beta member
Dears

Currently I want to upgrade my PC GPU to either GeForce GT 730 or GEFORCE® GTX 1050

1. I want to know if my PC support any of these GPUs?

2. I want to know with my current PC spec is there will be bottleneck on using max performance of above GPU?

3. I want to know if any of above GPU have known issues?

below are my PC spec:
CPU: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 9850 Black Edition
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
MotherBoard: ASUS M3A32-MVP DELUXE
Dual-Channel DDR2 -1066/800/667/533
4 x PCIe 2.0 Gfx with ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ support
Power: AcBel iPower 510 (PC7013)
AcBel-iP510_41.jpg

RAM: 2 Corsair 2GB PC2-6400 (400 MHz) DDR2
Disk/RAID: Maxtor 250GB, Maxtor 320GB, Western Digital 2TB
Cooling: 1 Fan on case

Thanks a lot.

1) Yes. You have a PCI-E x16 slots and your PSU has an output of 360 watts. The 1050 requires a 300 watt PSU (the 1050 is much more powerful than the 730 BTW).

2) Probably. You are a few generations behind as far as your CPU and RAM go. Nevertheless you should be able to play most anything at least on modest settings. Increasing your RAM would be worth considering; 8GB should be plenty enough. Another upgrade to consider would be moving to a SSD or two.

3) I don't know firsthand. Some of the 10xx series cards had overheating issues but updates resolved them. I don't think that the 1050 or 1060 were among them, though.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks TrotterTech for nice & neat reply[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Little explanation:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While I don't play high end graphic games, but I'm a gamer who plays (LOL, World of Warships, World of Warcraft, need for speed most wanted & ets)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some of my game suffer FPS drop which is around 22 to 30 only at lowest game graphic setting, which made me think to upgrade my GPU.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While I considering playing following game if possible with this GPU upgrade (Overwatch, Street Fighter V, World of Tanks, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 & Naruto Shipuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. as I understand both GT 730 or GTX 1050 doesn't required power connect, cause the take power from PCIe, correct me if I'm wrong?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Is the difference in performance & cost worth GTX1050 over GT730 with my system spec taking into consideration?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Is there will be some games on my wish list which GTX1050 will play while GT730 with my system spec taking into consideration?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in Advance[/FONT]

It seems that there are three flavors of GT730, one of which is a GDDR5 while the other two is DDR3 at 64 bit and 128 bit.

The GTX 1050 is GDDR5 and all so that's going to be the best of the choices.

Both cards draw power from the PCIe directly. No need for a connection from the PSU. Either one doesn't use more than 75Watts, and that's what PCIe provides.

The price vs. performance is definitely worth it between the two if the CPU doesn't cause bottleneck which I don't think does much.

Personal thoughts:
Stay away from the GT 730. It's way slower than the GTX 1050. Even if it works well now, a little later it will cause you problems because it is under-powered and old. But if your budget only allows a GT 730, then make sure you get the 2GB GDDR5 version. And the system RAM has to be more. You could get away with 4GB if your Windows is 64-bit, but 8GB now is the usual minimum now. At least Need for Speed games will need those on decent grafix settings.

Back
Top Bottom