URGENT PLEASE Virus Message

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Everytime that I open Microsoft Edge during the last 12 minutes I get a virus warning message.

Hopefully I have attached a copy of this for you to see. Does anyone know if it is genuine please. I don't get the message when I use Google.

Virus message.JPG

Many thanks

Don't worry man. It's a site message.
I get them often on my android phone when looking for APK files.
If you call the number they will try scam you.

Well it is a scam and if you ring the number they will take money off you. As said run Malwarebytes as does look like you have a trojan sitting on your computer. When you run Malwarebytes let it run it's course, which could take a while, then delete anything it picks up.

Lol. Didn't catch that it was a continuous problem.
Just thought it was one specific site you tried to visit and the message scared you. Sorry about that.

Also check if you have a browser hijack software installed. Anti virus and anti Spyware programs can't always detect that.
But can easily be uninstalled from the control panel.
If you see a program you don't know what is, Google it.
Might be exactly the program forcing your browser to behave a certain way.

Once again, many many thanks to you chaps for your reassurances.

I WILL NOT be calling the number provided and will run the progs mentioned in the replies.

Thanks again.

P.S. Just in case I don't reappear in the next week or so, Happy Christmas to you all.

Same to you Bluenose. I also think it would have been a far better article that Mr Graham Cluney wrote if Mr Graham Cluney had mentioned ways to get rid of the malware that could have infected a computer. I don't think computer embedded malware is involved in this scam. It would seem that it is a vulnerability in Edge (why am I not surprised at that) even so advice to run an anti-malware program or three in that article would not have gone amiss IMO.

Back
Top Bottom