Trying to decide between 2 laptops.

There's even dual core i5s for laptop.

Dammit Intel, quit messing with our heads. Stick to logic.

i3 - dual core with HTT
i5 - quad core w.o HTT
i7 - quad core with HTT

Not to mention Celeron and Pentium - dual core w/o HTT

Keep it simple stupid

Last edited:
Yeah, that's stupid too. At least with i5's they are stick with dual core in both laptops and desktops. They seem to use suffixes like Q to indicate core count in laptop CPU's. The quad core i7's I've seen have that.

I still have a Pentium 4 with 1 core and HTT haha. It's taped with a 486 DX2 and a Cyrix P233.

Yeah, I would go for the 1st choice, then you could always clone your HHD and put in a SSD HHD if you want more speed from it.

Yeah I have to agree with others. The first one is the way to go as the GPU will be better for gaming and other GPU intensive tasks. Its a bit odd for that GPU to be paired with i5 mobile chip.

They used to designate laptop CPUs by appending an M (Mobile) at the end.

Yeah now it's all changed. My Toshiba laptop was an i5 4200U and Gigabyte laptop I mainly use at the moment is an i7 3630QM. I used to have an Asus i3 laptop that was 2310M and my HP Probook is an i3 380M. Not sure why they have changed it in the last few years.

As long as your gaming isn't too intense the 15 inch screen won't be a big deal. But if you're playing shooters or detailed RPGs, your eyes won't be too happy with you.

Back
Top Bottom