Happy Thanksgiving

Turkey is usually drier than chicken but has a more mellow taste IMO. A turkey has a lot more meat on it than a chicken, at least for the commercially grown ones. The wild turkeys around where I live are much smaller and leaner but have more flavor to them.

We were in the grocery store over the weekend and I thought I would buy a few turkey breasts to put in the freezer. I was thinking that since thanksgiving was over they would be on sale. Boy was I wrong. Needless to say I just walked away and went home without.

Yeah, I noticed there were drier. The turkey smoked breasts we have here are drier than the chicken smoked breasts. They taste similar too, but different brands use different seasonings, so I can't give a judgement. Gotta try fresh turkey, I guess.

Here sausages don't contain pork at all (or dogs, haha), and a respective meat made one uses only components of its specific animal. So for example turkey sausages use only turkey meat and stuff.

You can have your own version of Butterball by cooking in a bag with oils and herbs.

We made ours like that and the meat literally fell off the bone.

It was so gooood. :dance:

When I cook a turkey I like to use a baking bag as well, but I will cook it breast down so that it stays as juicy as possible. Too many people don't let the bird rest once it comes out of the oven which makes the meat drier.

Back
Top Bottom