No LAN conection on my new PC

david_ao

Solid State Member
I just finished setting my new desktop PC, which has a MSI Z170A-G45 motherboard. I also installed Windows 10 Pro with its license. It just run, I've already set the BIOS and installed the OS.

It works well but there is a problem: it detects no LAN connection although the modem is connected to the CPU. I tried changing the Ethernet cable but the result is the same. I checked if there was a problem with the modem, so I connected it to my laptop and it was working fine. On my desktop just appears the little symbol of no connection in the taskbar.

I checked in the BIOS if the LAN connection was enabled, it wasn't. I changed that and reset my PC. However, the problem continues and now I'm out of ideas. Please, help!

Here I leave a description of my PC:
- Intel Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz
- Motherboard MSI Z170A-G45
- RAM 32GB (2 x 16GB)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB
- Samsung SSD 850 1.00 TB
- Windows 10 Pro

Have you looked in device manager to see if there are any yellow triangles or red crosses against the entry for the LAN? If there are delete that entry and reinstall the drivers. It could also, of course be a faulty board but corrupt or not installed drivers is far more likely.

Thanks @pete.i It was as you said. I needed to instal the driver. The problem was that with no internet I had to download it from another computer.

Back
Top Bottom