Site Merger with Techist

If you keep dragging the chain there won't be any members left to merge. It's nearly at the stage where it's not worth worrying about doing it.

Ok so I have been wondering where we're at in this merger that's suppose to be taking place....Is there any new news as to when it's going to happen?

I asked Trotter and he said nothing has happened in the last few months..

TrotterTech said:
BK_123 said:
Hey Trotter,

Just wanted to ask if you know of any developments with the merger.

Cheers

BK
Nothing new to report. The last word was that they were doing to database tests/experiments to see how to work it. That was months ago.

I do wish it would happen, though. I am worried CF is going to up and die. It would already be dead if it wasn't for the core members who still hang out there. Techist isn't in a lot better shape TBH but we do see a little more traffic that doesn't just pass through and not come back.

Oh, ok thanks BK....And as far as i'm concerned this place will never die. ;)

This place has been around for a long time..

I'm always happy to assist in the merger, if anyone is interested. :) I've offered my assistance with this in the past, but it was my understanding that it was being handled. If the project has seemingly been stalled now, I'm happy to take a look into it.

Yeah its been bit over a year since we first heard of this and haven't really had any official progress updates in the last 6 months.

I doubt it will ever happen in my opinion. It's been well over 2 years since it was first put to us mods. Even if it does happen I am of the belief it's been left way to long to be of any great success.

I doubt it will ever happen in my opinion. It's been well over 2 years since it was first put to us mods. Even if it does happen I am of the belief it's been left way to long to be of any great success.

Unfortunately, this is probably true.

I think that most of the fire that the merger could have had, has died down. The lack of innovation that the community here has had over the years, has also contributed to the lower volume of activity.

Community based forums are sadly becoming a thing of the past. Faster paced platforms such as Reddit often provide the experience that people are after, while forums are much slower paced generally.

I still stop by here often, because in a way, I grew up on ComputerForums. It was one of several communities that I spent hours per week on, during my teenage years. I learned a lot, and invested what I could back into the community. It could be sad that I grew a love for the community, and I wish that it were in a healthier place at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom