Dell Technical Test - SANs

nmagner

Beta member
Hi Guys,

I have a technical test with Dell next Tuesday and I need the following information: SAN environments, RAID configurations, iSCSI-protocol and -initiators, and current MPIO-software and –policies?

What do I need to know about each topic as the test is 1 hour? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Niall

Those are pretty broad topics. You'll need to do a good bit of research on each of them before you take the test unless it's a very easy test.

RAID is a method of spanning data across multiple hard disks, and usually you also implement redundancy, so that if a drive fails, you can replace it without losing all of the data.

iSCSI is a method for using the SCSI protocol over an ethernet network. I believe SCSI is basically a parallel interface for attaching disk drives to a computer.

With iSCSI, the initiator is usually that computer that is connecting to the iSCSI host. The initiator mounts a remote hard drive (or raid array) over the ethernet network and treats it as if it were a hard drive directly plugged into the computer.

Back
Top Bottom