3G/WAN failover guarantees an 'always-online' Internet connection

postcd

Banned
Hello,

an router seller mentioned this in product description:

3G/WAN failover guarantees an 'always-online' Internet connection

how should i understand that? The sales person is not skilled/willing to answer.

Does it mean it can accept two ISP (one via RJ45 cable and one via SIM card) and switch between that to maintain connectivity?

It means that you can have 2 ISPs, one via a 3G USB modem and one connected via Ethernet.

Typically, the 3G is used as the "failover" or backup, in case the Ethernet provided connection goes down for some reason.

You plug a USB 3G Modem (cellular modem) into a USB port on the side of the router. You need to make sure the router supports whichever USB modem you get from the cellular provider.

Can i use my Android smartphone instead of USB modem dongle? Which function to look in router in order to support this wired internet supplied by android phone?
Im looking for the wired way to combine phone and DSL net into Windows PC with one RJ45 and multi USB slot. <1 second failover ISP switch.

I don't know if that would work or not. My hunch would be no but you would need to talk to the router manufacturer about that or buy one and try it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom