Windows 10 Anniversary Update

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I am going to download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update shortly and I am wondering how I can deal with any future tidying up of my hard drive.

From Time to time I like to have a 'Big Clean-up' by doing a clean install of the O/S.

When I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago I downloaded an ISO file that I now have stored on a USB stick. Obviously this latest update won't be included on that USB stick and so I am wondering how I can also update that for future use.

One thought on my mind is that, as and when I come to do another clean install, will I just use the version of W10 that is on my USB stick and then simply download the Anniversary Update again at that time or, is there an easier way to deal with it now?

Many thanks.

You could try this:- How to Slipstream Windows 10: Create up to date Windows 10 ISO files with all available Windows updates - WinBuzzer

There is lots of stuff on the web about how to do this and umpteen You Tube vids. It's called slipstreaming.

This is not easy to do initially in my opinion although once done it does incorporate all the updates into the one ISO.

To be honest until microsft have put out hundreds of updates like Win XP had then I think you might just as well do it update by update.

I make system image backups with major updates to the OS. So far I have Win7 initial installation system image, Win7 final before upgrading to Win10, Win10 initial installation system image... and so images of initial installs and final installs before major updates follow, with some misc. images in between. I'm using a 500GB backup storage exclusively for that. You have no idea how much trouble this saves me with busted Windows installations. I also keep ISO's for Win 10 revisions (two so far and this last one's gonna be the third if it gets an ISO).

Here is a direct download link at Microsoft of the ISO for the Anniversary Update, Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)
Thank you BK_123, As mentioned in my original post, I have the Windows 10 ISO on a USB stick for use when I want to do another clean install. My question now is, can I put this ISO that you have linked to, on the same stick?

Whilst typing the above, I had the thought that this new ISO might be a COMPLETE replacement for the original, is it, or is it just of the update part?
If it is a complete replacement, I can just delete my original and replace with this...............................can't I?

Thanks again to all for the replies to my query.

You can use the ISO file from that page as a replacement and use it to reinstall Windows 10. Another good thing is that it works for both the Home & Pro versions of Windows 10 which saves you having to download copies of both if you need them.

As already mentioned, I have my copy of the Original Windows 10 ISO File on a USB Stick. I have downloaded the most recent ISO file (as per the link from BK_123).

I have now formatted that USB stick and have tried to copy the new ISO file to it but, I keep on getting an error message telling me that the file is too large for the destination file system. The ISO file size is 4.07gb and the USB stick has a capacity of 7.19gb.

The original Windows 10 download transferred to the USB stick OK, anyone know why this latest one won't. I have full formatted the stick as opposed to a 'quick' one.

Back
Top Bottom