Science Vs. Religion | Black Vs. White | A vs. Z

I couldn't agree more! Although in the same breadth, I must admit that I'm in that same class and that I'm a part of the problem as well. Perhaps the real problem is that we expect all people to be more like us and to align more with how we feel individually?

I should point out that "people" is a generic problem, so I wouldn't blame specific people even if they do what I think is wrong. People are not perfect and we all make mistakes. Let's say that people are the problem, but it's not out fault being born as humans.

I don't think expecting others to be like us is inherently bad, as long as it is not coupled with forcing them to.

I'm a member in some religious forum, by the way, and I know how people can be radical both in religion, science or movements (feminism, for example). I don't really blame them in person. You could say that they are humans is what makes the supposed difference (a nice way in saying problem). I had been a staff member there for sometime and resigned a while back because I feel bad judging posts. If you like to talk about religion, I think that place is good for you :)

In other word, you want to be king. ;)
Hail King iPwn :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I should point out that "people" is a generic problem

And I would agree with that statement completely.

I'm a member in some religious forum

And with all respect to you and your beliefs, I would kindly ask that all further discussion of specific ideological points be done on those forums.

Threads get closed quickly, fights get started violently and differences of opinions on such matters are opened up for debate. I mean no offense, but I have edited your post to remove any mention of specific theological beliefs.

In other word, you want to be king. ;)
Hail King iPwn

Only a fool or someone with ill-intent would welcome the crown.

Last edited:
And with all respect to you and your beliefs, I would kindly ask that all further discussion of specific ideological points be done on those forums.

Threads get closed quickly, fights get started violently and differences of opinions on such matters are opened up for debate. I mean no offense, but I have edited your post to remove any mention of specific theological beliefs.

Understood. I tried to be careful, understand what the OP is really about and post accordingly, but I guess I'm still not that good in getting the point of big OP's and failed. I wans't really trying to start a debate. Sorry about that :hide:

Last edited:
No worries. Any time beliefs are brought into discussion, it's usually downhill from there (at least that's been the experience on these forums not dedicated to such topics), and I've been guilty of the same. PM me some of those forums, I'd love to discuss such topics with you in a place dedicated to such.

Continuing the discussion at hand;

On the ship, a few recognize the problem being that the occupants will continue to argue until the ship falls apart, or the occupants starve, or we all kill each other...

What do we do?

If then, truth is in the eye of the beholder, does it matter what we do? Does it matter if 10% go drink in the galley, 10% start rowing, 20% go shag in the quarters while the rest continue to argue?

I guess the better question.. what would you do? And remember, there's no wrong answer as this is all hypothetical.

For me, I don't drink and too old to worry about shagging. I don't like arguing so I'll be rowing because I want to get somewhere, hopefully away from them. :rolleyes:

Again I wasn't saying literally about being king. My point is I want it my way and you want it your way.

How did you become Celery if you don't drink? And what's shagging? Sounds like fun!

Okay, if iPwn doesn't wanna be king, then lets vote for Celery, I guess. Hmm... sounds familiar...

Um, someone once said something that sounded really wise. It was "the right thing is initially what you believe is right for you and" (I just made that up really).

For me, I don't drink and too old to worry about shagging. I don't like arguing so I'll be rowing because I want to get somewhere, hopefully away from them. :rolleyes:

Well, you take one side, and I'll take the other... hopefully we'll get somewhere before someone starts questioning where we're taking the boat.

Again I wasn't saying literally about being king. My point is I want it my way and you want it your way.

I have this tendency of overthinking things...

And what's shagging? Sounds like fun!

It is, but going to have to direct you to the urban dictionary on that one. It's english slang....

Okay, if iPwn doesn't wanna be king, then lets vote for Celery, I guess. Hmm... sounds familiar...

There's probably a vote already going on somewhere on the boat. Perhaps a group plotting to take over the whole bunch. Such is the nature of human greed.

The plot thickens.

Mutiny on the Bounty !! :lol:

SG, shagging is having sex.

I'm the one with the oars so I'm going where I want to go. :D

How long did it take you to figure that out? :lol:

So, the story continues on.

iPwn and Celery were rowing until the mutiny started. iPwn jumped up to help, so Celery is left rowing and boat is left going in circles.

After the smoke clears, there's a bunch of dead of people from the mutiny attempt. Some come up from the galley, half drunk, some half clothed, other passed out below deck, the boat still going in circles from Celery happily rowing away trying to get somewhere other than here. iPwn lay bleeding on the deck wondering what the hell is just happened to his analogy when he remembers the words of the invader.

I think at the heart of the problem is the inescapable fact that there is no perfect solution.

Playing this all out before hand, I'm going below deck to get some fine whiskey, bring a bottle to Celery and whoever else is rowing, and just row until this mo****f****r sinks.

SG, shagging is having sex.

Oh... Must really be fun from what I heard.

Hmm...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

It is, but going to have to direct you to the urban dictionary on that one. It's english slang....

King Celery took care of that, I guess.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Say, are we suppose to be with our families on that ship? I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom