How to reinstall computer

I think you are going to have to find someone local who can reinstall that for you. Unless you have a Win 7 disk you are not going to get very far. You can get an ISO for Windows 7 but you will need to know the Windows 7 product number and if that computer has EUFI bios that isn't easy to get. In the old days the product number was on a greeny blue Microsoft sticker on the bottom of the computer or inside the battery compartment.

To download the Win 7 ISO you can go here:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Again I have to say that if you do not understand what we are trying to tell you then, I'm afraid you are not going to get very far.

There is a tutorial here if it helps:-

How To Clean Install Windows 7 [Complete Walkthrough]

@pete.i oke.. thank u to helping.. I'll try

Sent from my Z00D using Computer Forums mobile app

I think you are going to have to find someone local who can reinstall that for you. Unless you have a Win 7 disk you are not going to get very far. You can get an ISO for Windows 7 but you will need to know the Windows 7 product number and if that computer has EUFI bios that isn't easy to get. In the old days the product number was on a greeny blue Microsoft sticker on the bottom of the computer or inside the battery compartment.

To download the Win 7 ISO you can go here:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Just remember Pete that if it is an OEM key meaning that it is attached to the computer and for that computer only, Microsoft's tool will not work as it only accepts retail keys.

There is another way to get an ISO from Microsoft using a 3rd party tool called Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool from Heidoc

Where to Download Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 ISOs Legally

Last edited:
Say, how old exactly is your computer and what model of Dell is it? Recovery discs could be available on Dell online. Downloading that would be the best choice in this case.

Look around your computer for the product sticker. It's usually right on tip of desktop computers. It has the full model name and the Windows Key.

Yeahh.. thankk u @smart_guy,@bk_123,pete.i.. last night I try with windows instalation.. now a day.. I can use it.. thank's full to u all

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Now... I do not use password in user administrator.. I worry it will happen again.. I learn many thing to u all. Than u so much

Excellent stuff. Now read up on how to fix these absolutely amazing, but sometimes maddeningly frustrating, machines. It will save you a fortune. If you need any advice just ask here. Also thanks for coming back and telling us the outcome. We always like to hear whether our efforts have helped or not and not very many come back to let us know.

I get it that you successfully had the computer working again!

Way cool :)

You could always keep important files in a separate partition/drive so formatting when necessary won't do much bad. You could also make system images to come back to instead of reinstalling and having to set things all over again.

Now that was some experience, eh? :D

Use the NT Password reset tool to find the username and reset it's password.

Here is a guide on how to use the tool: Quick Guide - How to Use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

And here is the page where you can download the tool:
https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
To create the tool you will need to do this:

They have a CD version as well as a USB Stick version. I recommend you do the USB version. Download the zip file, extract the contents to a blank usb stick, then run "syslinux.exe" from the USB stick and follow instructions.

Reboot your computer and see if it loads the tool automatically, if not you will need to lookup how to get to the boot menu for your computer.

Edit: didn't see that it was already resolved. oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom