Outlook Express does not receive Mails

Szekely1

Banned
Greetings Y'all!

I have a unique one! -
I cannot find my accounts on Outlook Express. As such I am not getting any eMail (since April 14th) and I am waiting on my eReturn confirmation!
I cannot even see the "Accounts" link on the "Tools" Drop Down Menu next to "View"
Please help if anyone experienced this before. How do I not only get my accounts link back, but how to restore my 32 email accounts that worked fine for years! I still have the eMail Inbox in OE, but the last one received was the 14th. When I click on Send/Receive it looks like it is checking and get approvals and all seems fine... but no eMail comes in!
By the way, I do see that there IS mail in my mail servers that have not been gathered by my Outlook Express!
Please help!

I do not know what is wrong with your Outlook Express. Usually it's the settings, user name or password that falls down in Outlook Express or Outlook.

Having said that if you have important mail to get can you not use webmail. Go to whoever hosts your mail server and log in to your email account. You should then be able to see all your new mail and download or print out whatever you are waiting for. Failing that I think you will need to contact the teckies that run your mail server.

I think outlook former hotmail has some kind of internal settings that Microsoft has set. Some emails can't communicate with their servers, so sometimes it's not always the user's settings.

Back up the files in the OE data folder. The folder can be found by going to Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder.

1. Register two important Outlook files. Go to Start > Run and type regsvr32 OLE32.DLL
Also, type regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

2. Register Outlook Express.

Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type msimn /reg, and then click OK.
(Note that you will not see anything happen.)
In Internet Explorer click Options on the Tools menu.
Click the Programs tab and select Outlook Express as the default e-mail client and as the default news client. You can change those later if you wish.

3. Check if folders.dbx file is corrupt. With OE close, do search for folders.dbx and rename it to folders.old.

The file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<account name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\<hexadecimal number>\Microsoft\Outlook Express folder. It is a hidden folder, so you have to unhide hidden folders and files to see it. Go to any folder and select Tools > Folders Options > View. Check "Show hidden files and folders". Click OK.

4. Create a new Outlook Express identity.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209169

5. Repair or Reinstall Outlook Express.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Hope this helps!

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom