Site Merger with Techist

They knew about the merge first, but in terms of updates both sites are on the same page.

IMO I think they ran in to too many problems and shelved the project.

I can neither confirm or deny that. I do know it is going to be "fun" combining the databases as there is a lot of folk on both sites, in the past as well as now. It amazes me to see the exact same post on both sites by the exact same person...

It might be prudent then to set nostalgia aside and do a membership purge. Get both down to a more manageable level.
It may make the forum numbers look good but it sure bloats the databases.

It might be prudent then to set nostalgia aside and do a membership purge. Get both down to a more manageable level.
It may make the forum numbers look good but it sure bloats the databases.

I think Janet and I discussed something similar. I would like to purge all 0-post accounts, and maybe even single post accounts. That should drop a lot of dead weight and free up a lot of names.

I think Janet and I discussed something similar. I would like to purge all 0-post accounts, and maybe even single post accounts. That should drop a lot of dead weight and free up a lot of names.
It makes the greatest of sense.
If you guys can pull this off, I will truly be amazed. I wish you luck in the attempt. If there is any way that I can help, please let me know. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom