Be very careful when buying used on Craigslist or local forums!

etzelr1990

Beta member
As this should be obvious, but I always have a soft spot in my heart for people. But either way, I just wanted to post that the HP Pavilion DV7 Beats Edition is a terribly made laptop. The Motherboard and screen are literally built in to one another, I have never seen this before. I was told the laptop worked, but the LCD did not display. After turning it on, I found out that the hard drive was stuck on splash screen, and did ONLY display splash screen via HDMI. Which was extremely odd. But basically, the backlight was extremely dim. I am posting a photo, of what the cpu cooler looked like when I took it apart. This was a 30 dollar learning lesson, LOL! Figured some other computer guys might enjoy reading this as well..

Here it is..
http://puu.sh/pD3UM/298ea78214.jpg

I seriously could not believe it still ran, and that it didn't catch fire..

I have bought (and sold) lots of stuff from Craigslist, never had an issue. Didn't you check out the laptop before you bought it? What did you expect from a $30 laptop?

What do you mean the screen is attached to the motherboard? I've only ever seen them with a ribbon cable connecting them. Can you show us a picture of that?

Back
Top Bottom