Help needed please.

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I've had a few days getting my pc nice and tidy with some great help from you guys and what have I now gone and done!

I've only gone and deleted a partition with loads of data on it and I'm now wondering if anyone can recommend a good partition and data recovery programme please.

I can't imagine that this would come as a freebie but if there is one then so much the better. If I have to buy one then I don't want to pay the earth as it is very unlikely that I will do it again.

Many thanks.

Create a new partition for the hole drive. (That doesn't overwrite your drive)
Then the program should be able to see the drive.

I have scanned my hard drive with EaseUS Data Recovery and I can see all of the files that I have lost but, in order to recover them I have to buy the software. The files are listed exactly as they were on my hard drive originally.

I then ran a prog called Active@Partition Recovery and what it seems to have found just does not make any sense. What it has listed is shown as Dell utility (2) [Excellent] (This and the last item are the only ones that makes any sense to me) All of the rest are labelled as EFISECTOR (4) [Excellent] EFISECTOR (5) [Excellent] and so on right up to Personal data 921) [Excellent] This is followed by Unlabelled (3) [Poor}

Does anyone understand this?

I couldn't seem to make any progress with the Recuver programme.

I have used a tool called GetDataBack and had decent luck with it. Like you, I had deleted and entire partition and I was able to recover most of what was on it. It's not free though. I don't remember exactly how much it costs.

Back
Top Bottom