I need faster internet...

I have Charter and pay 60 for 60. I own my own modem and networking equipment so all I pay is access. I don't have any other services from them so I have to pay full price for my internet connection... but it is loads better then AT&T.

I have Charter and pay 60 for 60. I own my own modem and networking equipment so all I pay is access. I don't have any other services from them so I have to pay full price for my internet connection... but it is loads better then AT&T.

Can you get that with a USB modem and connect wirelessly? I have no clue. I'm not a networking guy, just a hardware and software guy. I basically cannot have another modem in the house if it is hardwired from the lines outside into the house.

I pay $80.00 for a 50Mbps down and 20 Mbps up service, which includes unlimited bandwidth, unlimited phone and a Fetch TV pvr included.

Your parents need to get with the times as you have shown that your willing to pay the extra money for a new service.

I would advise you not to to use Netlimiter or any other bandwidth device. You could lose all computer access for a period of time.

One of my grand kids tried to pull a stunt like that on me by trying to change the router password, so they could change their access times and came a gutsa (I'm a old phart of 71). :whistling:

Edit: I forgot to put my speedtest pix up.

5414600120.png

Can you get that with a USB modem and connect wirelessly? I have no clue. I'm not a networking guy, just a hardware and software guy. I basically cannot have another modem in the house if it is hardwired from the lines outside into the house.

No, it requires a modem. If your house is already wired for cable then you are over halfway there. Installing it yourself is not a big deal and can help you avoid installation fees but the techs I have met are all professional and quick. Have them run coax to your room and install it there. Sit down and talk to your folks that you are paying for it and it will remain in your room; they may come around and decide to participate as they are being screwed over with their "forever" rate connection.

Once you have the connection installed you can get a wireless router and just follow the directions in the box to set it up. Easy-peasy, seriously.

I pay $80.00 for a 50Mbps down and 20 Mbps up service, which includes unlimited bandwidth, unlimited phone and a Fetch TV pvr included.

Your parents need to get with the times as you have shown that your willing to pay the extra money for a new service.

I would advise you not to to use Netlimiter or any other bandwidth device. You could lose all computer access for a period of time.

One of my grand kids tried to pull a stunt like that on me by trying to change the router password, so they could change their access times and came a gutsa (I'm a old phart of 71). :whistling:

Edit: I forgot to put my speedtest pix up.

5414600120.png

Spellunker so you must be connected via the NBN too. Do you know which technology you are hooked up with. I was lucky enough to get FTTP and because there is so many in the house went for the 100/40 plan with iiNet just so we have the extra bandwidth.

5414791258.png

Spellunker so you must be connected via the NBN too. Do you know which technology you are hooked up with. I was lucky enough to get FTTP and because there is so many in the house went for the 100/40 plan with iiNet just so we have the extra bandwidth.

I have moved into Bundaberg, and I connected to the NBN via Optusnet with FTTN as we are a test area for it, the node is 380 meters down the road. So not much loss of speed with the copper.

I said I had unlimited bandwidth which is wrong, I only have 200 gigs of bandwidth which I only have ever used around 60% off.

I have moved into Bundaberg, and I connected to the NBN via Optusnet with FTTN as we are a test area for it, the node is 380 meters down the road. So not much loss of speed with the copper.

I said I had unlimited bandwidth which is wrong, I only have 200 gigs of bandwidth which I only have ever used around 60% off.

I think you mean you allowance instead of bandwidth as bandwidth is the speed that you have and that your network has available. I am heavily against FTTN, in my opinion copper has no place in comms these days.

When you say you want to work on a you tube gaming channel, you mean you want to play online games, and want the connection for gaming, or you want to download/upload video material for youtube?

I think you mean you allowance instead of bandwidth as bandwidth is the speed that you have and that your network has available. I am heavily against FTTN, in my opinion copper has no place in comms these days.

Yes sorry about that, 200 gigs allowance. :facepalm:

Bundaberg is / was one of the test areas for the FTTN after the last federal election decision and we cannot get anything else.

When you say you want to work on a you tube gaming channel, you mean you want to play online games, and want the connection for gaming, or you want to download/upload video material for youtube?

I won't download or upload video material. I just record what I do, and a lot of that is online. My buddy will do all the uploading.

Back
Top Bottom