I need faster internet...

DogSong

Daemon Poster
So my parents (Yes I still live with my parents) have slow internet speed (1.2 Mbps), and they are refusing to upgrade to faster speeds, even though it would be $7 more a month for internet but they are refusing to upgrade, and I even offered to pay the difference. If you are in question as to why I need faster internet, I want to work more with my friend and I's gaming YouTube channel, and I can't do that on 1.2 Mbps. So my parents own the plan in the house, so I need to find some way to get faster internet speed. I can't find any carrier that provides Unlimited Mobile Broadband plans, and I don't think I could put another ISP in my house. Can someone help me out here? I'm really getting pissed over this.:angel:

1,2?? What is this, 2004?

Guess you are out of luck. I can't think of other ways to get internet.
(other than stealing wifi from neighbours)

I also cannot for the life of me understand why the OP is wasting his time posting a completely unanswerable question on this forum. There are only two parties who can sort this out. You, the OP, go pay for your own broadband. Your, the OP's parents, Persuade them to get into the 21st century and get a half decent broadband connection.

Unless of course he is trolling which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I have an idea.
Use netlimiter on your parents computer, to limit their download speed to 512 KBps.
That will result in 2 things.

1: Your parents might start hating their network themselves so they might reconsider your idea.
2: It will dedicate more of the bandwidth to you.

How about that :devil:

That's the best idea yet. As for the bloke that thinks I'm trolling, good luck with that �� I've been on this forum for 3 years.

Does anyone know how much bandwidth one hour of online gaming and using steam voice chat or whatever would use up? I'm considering a wireless hotspot.

I wouldn't use netlimiter. I bet your parents would figure it out or call the ISP to complain, who would figure it out, and then bam you're in deep water. It's disgusting that anyone still offers internet speeds that slow. Is that DSL? Who even operates internet servers that slow? My parents are on 5 mpbs Fios and that's below the slowest speed Verizon offers currently (they do pay less however).

That's the best idea yet. As for the bloke that thinks I'm trolling, good luck with that �� I've been on this forum for 3 years.

Well woop de doop! if you think you are that clever go and sort your parents out and stop asking daft questions.

Well woop de doop! if you think you are that clever go and sort your parents out and stop asking daft questions.

Everybody but you has been helpful. Please do not make one of the admins lock the thread.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I wouldn't use netlimiter. I bet your parents would figure it out or call the ISP to complain, who would figure it out, and then bam you're in deep water. It's disgusting that anyone still offers internet speeds that slow. Is that DSL? Who even operates internet servers that slow? My parents are on 5 mpbs Fios and that's below the slowest speed Verizon offers currently (they do pay less however).

I can understand why they won't go higher. If they add onto the bandwidth, they'll get a fixed rate for 12 months, then it fluctuates. They started the plan in 2001 and haven't looked back. I think I'm leaning towards a hotspot but I'm unsure of how much data I should include

Back
Top Bottom