Random Chit Chat

Woah nice. Your upload is better than your download which is weird.

5390688991.png

So as I've told you guys previously about the energy troubles my state has been having. Well that is all about to end as Basslink the company that owns the cable, annouced yesterday that they have successfully repaired the cable. Testing will need to be carried out and all being good the cable will be back online as early as next week and my ISP will switch back to the cable which means better and stable internet as well as power.

Woah nice. Your upload is better than your download which is weird.
It's weird yes. This is the internet speeds of the school i am working at. So it's not my own... unfortunately :D

So as I've told you guys previously about the energy troubles my state has been having. Well that is all about to end as Basslink the company that owns the cable, annouced yesterday that they have successfully repaired the cable. Testing will need to be carried out and all being good the cable will be back online as early as next week and my ISP will switch back to the cable which means better and stable internet as well as power.

Finally. That sure did take them a while.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

No, that's bad. Really bad. On my poor heart :angel:

Me too mate. Because that's the internet at work.
This is my internet speeds at home. Not nearly as impressive... and look at that disgusting upload speed. :(

It's weird yes. This is the internet speeds of the school i am working at. So it's not my own... unfortunately :D

Finally. That sure did take them a while

It sure did. The cable went down in December which was summer but thankfully it wasn't a very bad one. Then the section of the cable affected was cut in March and that's when our internet speeds were affected and all pushed onto two cables with significantly lower capacities, owned by biggest ISP in the country which is Telstra (The most corrupt company in the country in my opinion). Now that we are in winter we will definitely need the extra power.

I'm glad to see internet speeds being a lot better then even just 5 years ago. Pretty amazing

Yeah it's great and especially with the advancing rollouts of fibre around the globe and being able to pump more out of cable, not out of copper though as its dead to me.

5408288081.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom