unimpressed by computex 2016

jarlmaster

In Runtime
Title says it all. I was unimpressed overall. Zen was announced which hopefully actually competes with Intel chips. VR gaming backpacks are awfully cool and that is a good idea. I am excited for Optane SSD's as that could really be something big. The AMD RX 480 sounds pretty cool. 200 bucks for a VR ready GPU? That should give Nvidia a cause for concern. Aside from that though there wasn't anything that stood out to me and said "wow this is really going to advance the industry".

What do you guys think? I really feel like technology as a whole is stagnating. When are we finally going to get new battery tech? Where's the memristor?

Last edited:
RGB lighting is cool and all but its meh. Someone needs to shake up the game and get everyone hungry to innovate.

Hopefully as VR becomes more accessible, it will inject the desktop market with more innovation.

Hopefully as VR becomes more accessible, it will inject the desktop market with more innovation.

That's my hope as well. VR is incredibly promising, not only for entertainment purposes but for a WIDE range of other applications like medical, military, IT, construction, design, real estate, retail, etc. It could and should be a revolutionary technology.

Back
Top Bottom