Random Chit Chat

What's a deployment money?

Ah, speaking of money, I haven't received salary for 6 months now. The company is having financial problems and they refuse to pay salaries without positive profit just to save their capital amount. The govt is doing nothing for it. I wonder it is because it's a private sector. Dunno tho, rights should be enforced to reach people either way. What made it worse, my car requires fixing the A/C for THAT amount, and the company GPS I'm holding was stolen just yesterday. That's more money flying away out of my pocket, or rather, my future savings.

Wow you haven't been getting paid for the last 6 months. Is there anything you can do other than go to the government for help?

What's a deployment money?...
In the US military, personnel are given certain extra money for certain situations. For instance, personnel in a combat zone get paid extra money, referred to as "hazardous duty pay". Deployment pay refers to whatever extra pay someone will receive when "deployed" to a specific place such as Afghanistan.

In the US military, personnel are given certain extra money for certain situations. For instance, personnel in a combat zone get paid extra money, referred to as "hazardous duty pay". Deployment pay refers to whatever extra pay someone will receive when "deployed" to a specific place such as Afghanistan.

Hmm... we have something similar here in all private sectors (at least) we directly call in English "allowance" or what directly translates from Arabic language to compensation or exchange money to cover up for special points like a price of a free two way ticket for expats and sending teachers to near-by countries with a +100% (for example) to the basic salary. It is usually a percentage of the basic salary.

It's not really the haz pay the what makes you money. It's the not having to pay for anything. Food is free. You really don't need a cell phone unless you have one that can roam, and gas for car. You can pretty much just bank your whole paycheck. You don't pay for health insurance. maybe just keep paying your car insurance if you didn't freeze it before you left.

Last edited:
BTW, Smartguy you are right next to Qatar. Qatar is booming right now. They have so much construction right now it's insane. It's probably like the golden days for IT guys in the U.S. in 1990's. When no network infrastructure was setup and people needed to push cat5 wires through buildings and everything else.

Yeah, I heard about that. Just last week we submitted a tender/bidding in Qatar of a some kinda palace for the royalty. I also had a stop at their international airport about 6 months ago on my way to Bali, Indonesia, and their air port was a masterpiece. There was tons of foreigners there too.

I've heard and seen that Qatar is great place to travel and see but very expensive. Everyone is always going to Bali. The first time I travel overseas certainly won't be there.

Anyone else here using Outlook. Lately I am getting a lot of spam.

Back
Top Bottom