My new desktop has shell screen

ekah

Beta member
So I just got a new desktop and noticed the screen goes into a black screen notifying to press escape to skip some sort of startup. Something and I can't do anything it won't take me to the bios and so I opened the tower and noticed the Hdd Sata wire was being strained from the zip tie and casing so I moved it and it just broke off.i attached a new Sata of course
I also attached the Hdmi to the gp and noticed the fans weren't spinning. The cpu and other fans spin but not gpu is this normal? Am I missing something? Is it a bad egg and get a refund? Anyone know the return policy for newegg?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not sure what it is. Can you take a picture of the error you are getting?

What graphic card is it?
Some graphic cards has fans that doesn't spin before it reach a certain temperatur.
Most (if not all) Nvidia cards in the 900 series does this.

You can read all about the return policy here:
Newegg.com - [Return Policy]

But let's see if we can't figure it out first.

Last edited:
41b91567a3dc55525a330faa8f017f87.jpg
5eb4286bffc20af716d62d1355b9c3ca.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

The gpu is nvidia zota gtx 960 2gb

Try another Sata port.

That graphic card's fan isn't suppose to be spinning until it increases in temps

744481b9378d62be177014fcb4e3ccc0.jpg
2196750f253c27dd2b8682a83ffebae1.jpg
1a786b0211831e1f43b4701072c3ef7e.jpg

So I used different Sata but I read that clearing cmos would help boot but idk how that's possible since this is a complete new computer. I haven't passed this screen.

Why did you take a picture of the power cords?

The guys at newegg that assembled it might have changed some settings.
You say you can't enter the bios?
In that case, unplug the power to the computer. Take out the bios battery. Hold down the start button for 5-10 seconds to discharge the remaining electricity.
Put the battery and power plug back in and see if that worked.

I got into bios I just now don't know what to do.. from shell I just entered exit and entered and sent me to bios but from here do I insert windows 10? Sorry if I sound super stupid..

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

So I got it to work...
From shell just enter "exit" then you enter cmos then insert windows then reboot then it should be all good.
Thanks for the support. I appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom