FB has banned my current account...

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
To those of you that do not know, FaceBook has been demanding real names and proof of those real names for a few years now,

I finally got caught, under the completely false name of "Darryl Draygoes Johoson" because I really do not care for too many people to know my real name.

In the next few days, if this problem has not been fixed, I will be creating a new account. I will let you know the name, as I am trying to get all of my contacts back. For now, lets see if they accept a picture of a middle finger as my ID, because they are NOT getting anything else. :angel:

Short version: FB has banned me for using a name that was false, and they demand my real name. Not happening. Several of you already know my real name, but that is why you cannot contact me.

I think they have a new algorithm to do this... I got a notice about this a couple of weeks ago demanding the same info - funny thing is that my FB account has my real name.

My take on this is that if you don't want to provide your real name as FB requires you to, then simply stop using FB and find a different social network. Why buck their system?

Would somewhat ruin the point of Facebook for me if everyone used false names. It's great for getting in touch with friends you haven't seen for ages. Indeed, my Dad joined Facebook not too long ago, and he found lots of people on there who he hadn't seen for 20+years!

I have never given my real name to facebook, I find the people I want to and let them know who I am in a message. I don't want old acquaintances I never really liked looking me up. :)

If you do a google search for my real name, the entire first 2 pages are about me. I really need bring my internet presence down a notch. I use my real name on facebook, though. I can understand why they'd want to enforce it.

When I got married my wife changed her name on facebook and they asked for proof of ID, documents like passport of other government issued ID confirming her real name, utility bills etc.

she sent them a photo of herself in a wedding dress and they changed it.

When I got married my wife changed her name on facebook and they asked for proof of ID, documents like passport of other government issued ID confirming her real name, utility bills etc.

Brilliant. hahahahaha

I sent them a pic of a middle finger, but I guess that is not the point eh? :angel:

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I have never given my real name to facebook, I find the people I want to and let them know who I am in a message. I don't want old acquaintances I never really liked looking me up. :)
Exactly my point. The only people that I wish to find me are people that are current, and they know how to contact me. Besides a few people on this forum, I prefer to hide.

How did they find out "Darryl Draygoes Johoson" is fake? Is it because it sounds fake? I know they ask for your cellphone number and email, but at what point do they start asking for ID? is this a new policy?

Also,how do people always have mutiple acconts ? is it because they have muliple cellphones and numbers?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom