Finally got dual monitors but...

Is there a way to have a different background on each monitor?

What OS?

simply create a composite image that is then set as the background. In this way, Win7 simple spans the image across your monitors as a single image, but you have created the image in such a way that it appears to you as if it were two separate images.

1. Save the different wallpapers you want to use in the same folder. This can be any folder - even the Desktop.

2. Hold down the Ctrl key and click the different wallpapers you want to use. If you have two monitors, select two different wallpapers, if you have three monitors, select three different wallpapers, and so forth.

3. Once you've selected your wallpapers, right-click on one of the wallpapers and select Set as desktop background.

4. You should now see different wallpapers on each of your monitors. If you want to switch the wallpaper on any specific monitor, right-click on the desktop and select Next desktop background.

The display fusion free version supports spanning images across monitors (regardless of size or similar resolutions on the monitors) and setting different pictures/backgrounds on different monitors.

https://www.displayfusion.com/Compare/

I've been using their pro version for years very happy with it. You can have different monitors randomly getting different pictures for backgrounds from 100% different sources.

I would also say use display fusion, I bought the pro version on steam when it was on sale and it is a very handy tool for anyone using more than 1 monitor :)

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom