Cooler Master Trooper (windowed) extra case fans

PronouncedWiebe

Beta member
Hey everyone, this is my first thread ever, so hopefully I don't botch this too bad... haha, anyhow I purchased my new full sized tower the other day and began the build on my new rig.

Everything when smooth, and booted right into the UEFI BIOS, so I'd say my build was (for the most part) a success! Anyway, I'm greedy when it comes to cool looking fans.

I bought 3 more red LED fans, and I plan on having one as the exhaust in the rear of the case, leaving the two original red LED fans on the side, and installing two more red LED fans on the front of the case.

My question is this, does anyone now of the best way to wire these fans into the LED and fan controll on the case itself? The two pre installed red LED fans are already wired into that controll and it's very handy. I was wondering how I would get these 3 other fans to run off that same control?

Thanks in advance!

A Y-splitter should do the job.
Though, you should look after if the already installed fans looses some of their maximum RPM.
That might happen because they are sharing electricity.

Last edited:
You can split the terminals and as long as you don't have a fan with a ridiculously high amperage draw you'll be fine.
Most mainboard fan terminals are rated at around 3 amps and a fan is normally under 1 amp. If you are splitting off a controller, you need to know the amperage of the input to the controller and what the total output is after adding the fans you want.
You can also add another controller for the new fans if the required amperage exceeds the total available.

What model? Jetflo? Sickleflow? Superfan?
You can type into google: "Coolermaster [modelname] 120mm fan amperage" to get the data odr go to the coolermaster site.

Cooler Master

Oh yes, they are sickleflow. I just looked it up, they don't consume much at all. I just have to find out what the fan controll on the tower is rated for. I haven't been able to find that on their website...

Oh yes, they are sickleflow. I just looked it up, they don't consume much at all. I just have to find out what the fan controll on the tower is rated for. I haven't been able to find that on their website...

It should have a label on the back of it. A UL label listing the input and output.

Back
Top Bottom