How to sell old gaming rig

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have a computer that I built about 2-3 years ago and I don't use it so much because I use my Mac more because I do a lot more video editing / photo editing than gaming. So I was wanting to sell this computer. My question is, would I get more and is it best to sell as one unit? Or part by part?
Here are the specs:

Shuttle SZ77R5
Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge
Stock Shuttle 500w Bronze PSU
Stock Shuttle Motherboard
Intel 160 SSD X25-M
WD 1TB Drive
LG Bluray/HD-DVD
Intel Mini PCI Express Wifi/Bluetooth Combo and Antenna
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ
Diamond TVW750USB ATI Theater HD 750 TV Tuner with Digital TV Antenna
Rosewill USB 3.0 Internal Card Reader

Thanks!!!

I forgot I have a Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card, sorry I forgot to add that, with the unit as well. I do have the original retail boxes for all of these too.
Thanks! (sorry for the 2x post it wont let me edit it)

Any old unused or unwanted items I have, I see if a friend or family member wants it first, and if not, I donate it to goodwill or a charity I think could put it to use.

You have some decent components in that PC so you might be able to get a little more by parting it out. But remember that you'll be dealing with a lot more transactions and thus more of your time and effort.

Plus more shipping costs & fees if you sell on ebay/amazon. If you just sell it as one unit you can be done with it quickly.

I'd do a little research on ebay and make a rough comparison of what similar PCs and parts like yours are going for, then decide.

Its much for much. If it were me I'd rather sell it as a whole but would consider parting out. Remember with eBay that payments made with PayPal, they will take a fee and I think eBay will charge listing fees.

Back
Top Bottom