New Computer

hardhead1

Baseband Member
I bought a new computer recently (w/Windows 10) and it has McAfee installed on it. I want to remove it and use a different antivirus (open to suggestions). I once was referred to a removal tool but I don't remember what it was. I would like to get the removal tool and remove McAfee and would like your recommendations on a good antivirus. Thanks in advance.

Bleepingcomputer is one of the most trusted web sites for tools to get rid of this and that. I use a lot of their software to do inspections and routine maintenance. This is the tool they have for getting of that program.

McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool Download

Tech old bean the uninstall leaves a lot of itself behind. Most of the AV software does that. Knowing how to get rid of the remains is the tricky part.

Bleepingcomputer is one of the most trusted web sites for tools to get rid of this and that. I use a lot of their software to do inspections and routine maintenance. This is the tool they have for getting of that program.

Tech old bean the uninstall leaves a lot of itself behind. Most of the AV software does that. Knowing how to get rid of the remains is the tricky part.

This doesn't list Windows 10 in operating systems. It just lists up to Windows 7. Also, did I read somewhere in here that you recommend "eset" for virus protection? What is that and do you have a link? Thanks for the help (again).

Uninstall is effective, then if you like you can check the registry for residual entries.

I personally just uninstall programs (including McAfee) via windows control panel.
But because McAfee actually have a tool like that, you should properly use it.
Why McAfee find it necessary to program a removal tool rather than a proper uninstaller, is beyond me.

As for the antivirus.
I have only heard good things about eset. But it's not free.
I use Avast. It's the most popular AV world wide and it works like a charm. just use that.

Back
Top Bottom