The Donald...

Well even though us Brits are several thousand miles away someone like Trump could have a profound effect on the whole world not just America and GB. Having said that I have been conversing with an American friend of mine on FB about this very subject and he says that whilst Trump could be hugely dangerous if he ever gets near the White House and especially that nuclear button the American people are so fed up of the corruption that has been prevalent in American politics for years and years and years they could just vote him in as a protest. I do not know the ins and outs of it as such but he says the people like Hilary Clinton etc should be in jail because of the way that she and others have bamboozled the American people. I get the distinct impression that Obama is hated by a good number of American people because, whilst he has actually done a good job overall he hasn't done much for the individual and this Obama care thing has just about killed any popularity off that he had. Of course he cannot run for the presidency anyway so the field is wide open at the moment.

In my opinion I think politics worldwide is in an irreversable mess. Every where you look corruption seems to dominate the worldwide political structure. I do not know how that will resolve itself if it ever will. What I do know is that if things are to change then things will have to get profoundly worse before they get better. At the moment there is a very shakey stand off but whether the bombshell comes from the people or the politicians it will be an extremely frightening world to live in for a while.

Well even though us Brits are several thousand miles away someone like Trump could have a profound effect on the whole world not just America and GB. Having said that I have been conversing with an American friend of mine on FB about this very subject and he says that whilst Trump could be hugely dangerous if he ever gets near the White House and especially that nuclear button the American people are so fed up of the corruption that has been prevalent in American politics for years and years and years they could just vote him in as a protest. I do not know the ins and outs of it as such but he says the people like Hilary Clinton etc should be in jail because of the way that she and others have bamboozled the American people. I get the distinct impression that Obama is hated by a good number of American people because, whilst he has actually done a good job overall he hasn't done much for the individual and this Obama care thing has just about killed any popularity off that he had. Of course he cannot run for the presidency anyway so the field is wide open at the moment.

In my opinion I think politics worldwide is in an irreversable mess. Every where you look corruption seems to dominate the worldwide political structure. I do not know how that will resolve itself if it ever will. What I do know is that if things are to change then things will have to get profoundly worse before they get better. At the moment there is a very shakey stand off but whether the bombshell comes from the people or the politicians it will be an extremely frightening world to live in for a while.
You overestimate the power of the president.

You overestimate the power of the president.

I actually think that you and most Americans wildy underestimate the power of politicians especially those with money. I would also ask you to read my posts. I am actually saying that eventually, in my opinion, the people will uprise and that, according to my American friend, is what is happening with the support for Trump. I still find Trump an extremely frightening man and dread him eever getting to the White House with his finger on the button. Ultimately, though, I have no control as to what happens in America nor in this country. What will be will be and money will prevail as it has always done.

I've been deliberately avoiding looking much into the current US election - in 2008/9 and 2012 I watched all the debates and kept up to date with all the primaries and such because it was always a pretty close race from the get go; and even though the GOP candidates back then were pretty wacky, they have nothing on Trump.

To be honest, I think I'm just concerned about a nation that could actually look at this man and allow him to be in charge of a circus, let alone a country...

To me anyway, anybody other than Sanders is either more of the same (Clinton the corporationalist) or some bizarre new fourth reich under Donald J Trumptler.

One thing I can say about Trump is that just because you have a lot of money and are a business, doesn't mean you know how to run a country.

And as for Hilary...haha yeah right. She is so corrupt and evil.

Also Presidents are not elected, they are selected.

I actually think that you and most Americans wildy underestimate the power of politicians especially those with money. I would also ask you to read my posts. I am actually saying that eventually, in my opinion, the people will uprise and that, according to my American friend, is what is happening with the support for Trump. I still find Trump an extremely frightening man and dread him eever getting to the White House with his finger on the button. Ultimately, though, I have no control as to what happens in America nor in this country. What will be will be and money will prevail as it has always done.
The button has been replaced with the Staples 'easy' button.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

One thing I can say about Trump is that just because you have a lot of money and are a business, doesn't mean you know how to run a country.

And as for Hilary...haha yeah right. She is so corrupt and evil.

Also Presidents are not elected, they are selected.

They are selected by the electoral college.

I made the offhand comment one time that we should let the Mafia run the country. We would be out of debt in record time and nobody would mess with us.

Back
Top Bottom