AT&T Sues Louisville To Make City Less Attractive To Google Fiber

And rightly so, it's AT&Ts equipment so why should google be shifting it around to suit their own purpose?

Google may say it's a little "shuffle", but little shuffles are often what breaks the infrastructure... AT&T aren't blocking anything, they're just asking Google to request prior permissions, how is that even a problem?

And rightly so, it's AT&Ts equipment so why should google be shifting it around to suit their own purpose?

Google may say it's a little "shuffle", but little shuffles are often what breaks the infrastructure... AT&T aren't blocking anything, they're just asking Google to request prior permissions, how is that even a problem?

They are not moving it to suit their needs, they move it to meet the needs of the city. If it was for their needs they'd just drop the ATT boxes in the trash and be done.

Way I look at it is Google padded some one or several people's pocket and now the city council is taking a dump on AT&T.
It's like the FAA Follies. Follow the money...

Way I look at it is Google padded some one or several people's pocket and now the city council is taking a dump on AT&T.
It's like the FAA Follies. Follow the money...

The city wants to encourage competition for the benefit of the people there, it's in their best interest if the city is an appealing place to live and work.
ATT doesn't want to play fair and has always hated competition, it drives the prices down and the profits too.

I understand monopolies and competition and ALL of that.

but look at what's happened.

the city signed a contracts saying that if needed they would ask AT&T with advance warning to move stuff, and pay for the expenses. - that is what they should do.

not get someone from a random other company that's a direct competitor to mess with their stuff without any warning. (when I say without warning I mean they don't know what equipment will be getting touched on what day).

the city broke their contract.

since it'll be AT&T having to fix googles mess if it all goes wrong. it is unsurprising that AT&T really don't want someone else to without warning possibly start breaking stuff.

I understand that you're an unhappy AT&T customer or whatever.
but that's all their is to it, no conspiracy no nothing.

I understand monopolies and competition and ALL of that.

but look at what's happened.

the city signed a contracts saying that if needed they would ask AT&T with advance warning to move stuff, and pay for the expenses. - that is what they should do.

not get someone from a random other company that's a direct competitor to mess with their stuff without any warning. (when I say without warning I mean they don't know what equipment will be getting touched on what day).

the city broke their contract.

since it'll be AT&T having to fix googles mess if it all goes wrong. it is unsurprising that AT&T really don't want someone else to without warning possibly start breaking stuff.

I understand that you're an unhappy AT&T customer or whatever.
but that's all their is to it, no conspiracy no nothing.

Who do you think is an ATT customer?

AT&T is right in this matter legally. That's all there is to it. But AT&T, along with most every major company in America that provides a service to the US population, is horrible. Instead of actually making a better product or providing a better service in response to competition, companies are content to bash each other, sue each other, and do whatever they can to hurt their competitor ASIDE from actually improving. Google fiber provides a way faster internet service (which this whole damn country should have) at a similar cost to their competition. Sorry everyone else but you overcharge and underserve the populace. That's it. I hate how slow innovation is these days. Instead of improving their service to match, they choose to go after the company itself

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom