Intel S5520SC Power Failure

DogSong

Daemon Poster
What's up guys? I haven't been on in close to a year! So I sold my last system, and I picked up an Intel S5520SC motherboard and bought two Xeon X5650's and 48 gigs of RAM with it. To power it, I bought a brand new Seasonic x850, which is pretty freaking sweet imo. When I go to power the bugger up, it gives me a 1-5-4-2 beep code, which indicates a "Power Failure: DC Power unexpectedly lost". I made sure the two power connectors coming from the PSU were plugged into the CPU/PCI-E slot. I do not understand what is going wrong, and any opinion is appreciated. Hang loose guys.

What's up guys? I haven't been on in close to a year! So I sold my last system, and I picked up an Intel S5520SC motherboard and bought two Xeon X5650's and 48 gigs of RAM with it. To power it, I bought a brand new Seasonic x850, which is pretty freaking sweet imo. When I go to power the bugger up, it gives me a 1-5-4-2 beep code, which indicates a "Power Failure: DC Power unexpectedly lost". I made sure the two power connectors coming from the PSU were plugged into the CPU/PCI-E slot. I do not understand what is going wrong, and any opinion is appreciated. Hang loose guys.

Try another known good PSU and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom