Random Chit Chat

Just stopping by to say hello to everyone! How has CF been while I was gone?

Wow man haven't seen you in a while...what ya up to?

Well CF is still here and the regulars still posting. We have managed to bring on some new members wich is always cool. Also i don't know if you knew or not, but CF is suppose to be merging with another forum...but i'm not sure when that will take place.

Anyways welcome back. ;)

Thanks brother, it's good to be back. I've been mainly busy with work/education. I mostly stopped checking the forums often due to the last time I was active, not many others were. I was afraid that it was dead. But I'm glad to hear that we're still alive and kicking!

Thank you all. I won't be as active as I once was on here, but I know one thing for sure. This was the place that got me into I.T/Computers and I'll go down with the ship if I have to. To the end brothers!

Thank you all. I won't be as active as I once was on here, but I know one thing for sure. This was the place that got me into I.T/Computers and I'll go down with the ship if I have to. To the end brothers!

I think you will like the merger... if/when it takes place. Lots of other folk at Techist with similar outlooks and the passion for tech.

unless you have been living under a rock, you have heard the Apple VS FBI incident and the terror attack on apple employees in San Bernardino.

What are your thoughts on all this? Is Apple in the wrong here or do they have every right to refusing to program a backdoor.

I myself think apple have the right to refuse exposing their security, to allow FBI easy access to iPhone assumingly owned by terrorists. An exploit are sure to be leaked, hacked or programmed to take advantage of that backdoor, and then every iPhone owned by normal customers can be opened up easily by thives.

Sure security updates are gonna patch it, but you know what hackers can do.

I know it might..MIGHT help stop a terror attack, but when do we stop?
Should we also make WinRAR create a backdoor or fast dekrypter software for their encryption algorithm?

And can someone explain this terror attack for me?
They ether attack apple to enforce they already established opinion about not making that backdoor... which makes no sense, or they are attacking apple to force them to program this backdoor to counter terrorism... but they themselves are doing a terrorist act. I don't get it??

Last edited:
I can say this for sure.. you can't have both of the following options at the same time:

A) Impenetrable security on your devices
B) The ability for law enforcement to check any device and potentially stop terrorist events using the information

So chaps, make your decisions... :hide: I'd personally prefer option B. and take the hit on my own personal security.
If you're stupid enough to note your bank details down etc (even on a locked phone) then really you're asking for trouble...

Back
Top Bottom