New pc looking to upgrade a bit

kendo36

Solid State Member
Hi. I just got a dell precision 1500. I want to do a few upgrades to it. First thing I want to do though is buy a new case for it. What Im trying to figure out and haven't been able to is do I buy as ATX full mid micro atx? Also what are some good upgrades for this setup. I know I need to upgrade the RAM but other than that I am open to ideas. I don't have a very large budget but I do want to spend where its needed.

if your computer looks like this then I believe that is a micro ATX case and the components should fit in any standard case that size. Make sure that the IO shield is removable from the existing case as you'll need to fit it in your replacement case. Some Dell motherboards have screw holes in weird places but usually it's not too difficult to make it work. Full ATX will also work but there will be additional space inside the case.

Post the complete specs for the system and what you intend to do with it and we can probably recommend upgrades more accurately for you. Is it an older computer? If so you have to decide if it's worth putting a lot of money in to.

One good upgrade besides ram is an SSD hard drive, as they offer a great performance boost and you can always take it with you to a new computer if and when you decide to upgrade completely.

That is my tower looks wise. I did find one write up that said micro atx. 0XC7MM is on the motherboard if that helps. I know that has brought up results for me. Im looking to get rid of my ps4 and do all my gaming on my pc. I know it has a nVidia Quadro FX 580 graphics card. Intel Core i5 CPU.

That motherboard looks pretty standard, I don't think you'll have trouble moving it to a new micro atx / full atx case. Since you are going to be gaming you might need to upgrade that graphics card to something better. I'm not the guy to ask about the best gaming hardware though, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Hi

If you are going to build a new PC. Then what is your budget and the purpose for which you want to build a PC. Only Then we can give you the right suggestion.

As of right now Im trying to figure out what I want to spend. Selling a few things I dont need anymore. HOPING 800 maybe more. I mostly play/will be playing Call of duty Black Ops 3 and elder scrolls online type games.

Why is a gtx 970 so much better/expensive compared to a gtx 960? Like why should I spend the extra 150+?

Back
Top Bottom