How old is your main computer?

My desktop is 5 years old, save the graphics card and power supply which are probably both about 3 years old. No plans to upgrade as I don't use it enough to justify the extra cost. It plays GTA V though which is good enough for me!

My laptop is 6 months old, and should last me through my degree studies, the HDD in it is 2 months old (SSD), no plans to upgrade as it already boots up (from button press) to being usable in about 15 seconds :D

Both machines are in my signature!

Mine is like 3 years old. My i7 2600 series I think a new i5 series is probably faster but I have no need to update it.
But my 560gtx doesn't run Star Citizen good at all so I'm going to upgrade that soon.

My computer is 8 years old but has had many upgrades along the way. The only thing that is actually 8 years old now is the processor (rocking an i7 920 because I'm OG like that). The 920 is overclocked and I haven't noticed any bottlenecking (it never reaches 100 percent utilization during even the most demanding games). So I figure I won't upgrade until the chip literally dies. The mobo is about 6 years old and is still going strong.

The oldest parts in my PC is the 2 GTX 770's and my Crosair AX760 Platinum PSU. They are all about 3 years old.
The rest is close to 2 years old.
So it's still quite new. My next upgrade is gonna be the GPU's. They got to go. Getting tired of running SLI.
It's gonna be one of Nvidia's new upcoming Pascal GPU's. My budget is 400$

My desktop is 3 years old and does fine for me. No current plans to upgrade. I don't game so my old GPU, an ATI 5770 which is probably 7 or more years old, does everything I need it to do.

Last edited:
Ohh. and i also have a Laptop that is less than 1 year old.
At work whenever we get a bunch of newer models, i can always pick one of them for myself and swap it with my previous laptop.

Happens every 1 or 2 years. So my laptop is never older than 2 years.
That's one of the perks being the only IT supporter at the school. :)
Even though it's not technically mine, i can take it home with me every day. And i do.

6 months for the general use system, 2 for the gaming system, my wife's is about a year, and my oldest daughters is 2 years with a 2 month old memory and GPU, and the youngest daughter's is a couple months (the case is older). (We did some upgrading / altering / /buying at Christmas.)
I have a 2 year old Sony Xperia tablet, a 2 year old Connect TV tablet, and various other computers around the house as well of varying ages.

I'm still wanting to upgrade my rig, most of it is pretty aged now; but it still plays most of the games I want to play with better framerates and details than a console, so I can't justify spending the money just yet!

I5-2500k (Released 2011ish I think)
EVGA Z68 SLI Micro (2011 again)
DDR3-1866 (available since 2010-11)
AMD R9-270X (2013/4)
Hyper-X SSD (bought in 2014)

Some parts of mine are older than others. My graphics card is a couple of months old, my mobo and CPU are just over a year old. One SSD is about six months old while the other is about a year. The RAM is a few years old. The case is about four years old, the PSU is around the same. All of my hard drives are out of warranty with the 750GB WD Black being the oldest and the 3TB WD Red being the newest.

Back
Top Bottom