old dos games on new 8.1 laptop....how?

tewitt1949

Baseband Member
A while back I posted this question and got an answer how to do it. I had to download a program and configure it, but I can't remember the name of the program, and I can't find my post here to get the info again.

I want to run old dos games on my new laptop which has 8.1. Thanks.

Yes, that's it. Thank you. I it to work but its a pain as there is a lot of typing just to get the game to work. Has anyone tried to use a menu program and just be able to click on the game and it will work?

You should be able to do a simple menu using batch files.

What do you mean that you need to do a lot of typing to get the game to work? It's been awhile since I've used DOSBox but once you have it running, you should just need to do a CD to the folder your game is in and then invoke the game.

There might not be a lot of typing for me but the problem is my grandkids like those simple games and I'd like to be able to make it so they can just click on the game. Rather than have to come and get me to do the typing for them.

If I remember correctly, there was a front-end for Dosbox. It required some work first, then it is all double click on the game and it works.

Okay, found it. It is D-Fend, and here's a refined version of it suffixed Reloaded:
D-Fend Reloaded: Overview

smartguy... Yes you are correct. I tryed it(d-fend) and it works great. Just click on the game and it will play.

Back
Top Bottom