new computer build

mathias1989

Solid State Member
hi everyone I'm looking to buy the new oculus rift when it come out but I need a new system in order to use it they give you some models on there web site a asus and a alienware but for the price I can build a new computer my self now I want something power full enough that I can add a titan x in the future any ideas on what I should get any help would be great thanks

TIL that switzerland still uses the franc. I guess that's why you're economy isn't in the toilet like your euro using neighbors

According to google that would be somewhat equal the same amount in USD.
I am going to bed shortly, so i can't help you today.
however, i am ready to help you tomorrow.

Last edited:
You said you needed a computer that was powerful enough to run a TitanX down the line.
That statement + your budget confuses me. Because that's more than enough for a titan build.

So i put together this crazy monster.
Intel Core i5-6600K, Asus GeForce GTX Titan X, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) - System Build - PCPartPicker

• 512gig Samsung SSD (reliable and fast. You could also go for a M.2 SSD instead. That's up to you)
  • Rocking the TitanX graphic card you wanted.
  • Feature packed motherboard with great OC capability and great design.
  • Gen6 unlocked Core-I5 CPU with a closed loop water cooler.
  • 2x4 gig of RAM
  • One of the best PSU's under 1000W on the market.
  • A popular and good looking case

Total Price 2000 USD.

Doesn't have an optical drive. You can add one if you like. But i'll recommend getting a USB CD drive instead.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply the graphics card i want is the nvidia titan x i found a build on cyberpowerpc were you can add almost anything and the one i picked might be a little over kill i dont know it looks like a moster

Some people actually do need a titan X. But for most people it's an overkill GPU.
How about a GTX 970? Much cheaper and still kick ass. You might also want to wait for Nvidia's new lineup of GPU's. Gonna be released Q2 or Q3 this year.

Thanks for the quick reply these are all the specks ive selected for my build what do you think
Close

Case:*Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935 Full Tower Gaming Case*RGB Multi-Colour 16 Million colour LED 3x Interior light Strip w/ RF Remote Control*Maximum Airflow with 3 x 120mm Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition High Static Pressure Fans 1,450 RPM (Award winning case fans, each fan has 3 choices of colour rings, blue/red and white, we will choose the right colour ring to match your case theme)*None*INTEL® Core™ i7-6700K Quad Core 4.00 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics *** Pro OC ***Overclocking Service:*Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)Overclock Monitoring and Media Server Station or Overclocking Media Server Station:NONE*Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator (For Silent and High Performance -- AKASA Silent Fans, 1200rpm w/ Sleeve Ball Bearing and LED light in Push-Pull Airflow *** Extreme OC ***)Coolant for Cyberpower Advance WaterCooling Kits:*NONE*ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero INTEL Z170 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 SATA Express, 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2*None*Internal USB 3.0 4 Port Hub*16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3000mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)Video Card:*MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Single Card)Free Game Coupons:*FREE Rise of The Tomb Raider Game Coupon*Active Dual DVI Display Port Adaptor, it can be used for Eyefinity (3x) with all digital displaysVideo Capture Card:*Avermedia Live Gamer C985 Lite HD 1080p Capture and Streaming Hardware Encoder Card*650 Watts Power Supplies (Corsair 650 Watts VS650 Gaming Power Supply, 80+)M.2 PCIe SSD Drive:*128GB (1x128GB) Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD - 2000MB/s Read & 650MB/s Write (Single Drive)*240GB (1x240GB) HyperX Predator M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive Card, Read: 1400MB/Sec, Write: 600MB/Sec, powered by Marvell 88SS9293 Controller (Single Drive)Hard Drive:*240 GB Kingston V300 Series SATA-III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Single Drive)Secondary Hard Drive:*2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64M Cache 7200rpm Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)Hard Drive Cooler:*NoneExternal Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0/eSATA):*NoneUSB Flash Drive:*NoneOptical Drive:*LG BH16NS40 16X BLU-RAY Burner & 16X DVD±R/±RW Drive (OEM) (please select the Blue Ray software in the Software section)Optical Drive 2:*NONE*ASUS STRIX Raid Pro 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card*NONE*NONE*NONE*NONE*None*None*ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs*NONE*NONE*None*AEROCOOL 2100 Touch Screen Dual Bay Fan Control and Temperature Display, Black*TP-LINK PCI-E Wireless Archer T8E AC1750 Dual Band Network Interface Card*NONE*None*None*INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK Colour)Video Camera:*None*None*None*NONE*None*Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) (Recovery Disk)Media Center Remote & TV Tuner:*NONE*Bullguard Internet Security V14, and more(1)*NoneFast Track Service:*NONE*NONEWarranty Service:*DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical SupportHome Installation Service:*NONE

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Sorry how that came out i just copyed and past from the web site

Back
Top Bottom