Windows Updates

placidarc

Baseband Member
Hi.

I am on a metered internet connection therefore Windows updates do not download automatically. I select the ones I think I need and download them manually. However there are some which I have no intention of downloading. 3 of these refer to Internet Explorer which I don't now nor will in the future use. Is there any way of deleting them or will they and any future updates which I don't download remain forever.

Regards

Mike

In control panel -> system and security -> Windows update.
In the list of available updates, right click on the update and choose Hide Update.

In control panel> system and security there is no windows updates.In updates and security I can show all downloads waiting to D/L but neither R/click or L/click give me the option to hide the update

Since when you're online your computer serves as a P2P server for others to rape your updates off your computer, I doubt if the M$ masters are going to let you turn off any updates.
If you're are on a as you go ISP then that could run you right in to your cap toot sweet.

By the way you really need to let helpers know what OS your running when you ask for OS specific help.

Back
Top Bottom