Blabbering about days past!

Hmm... I never had a passport either and don't see a need for one. The only time I was out of USA was when I and friends went to Mexico to stay the night in boystown. :)

That's a good point regarding the size of the UK vs the US.

Do you need a passport to drive to France via the Chunnel? What about going between Britain and Scotland? We used to be able to cross over to either Canada or Mexico without a passport. I believe that's still true for Canada but not so Mexico.

Well, right now half of the UK is underwater and the other half is cold and wet, can't blame all the people who disappear off to Spain and South of France this time of year :p

We can travel around between Wales, Scotland and England passport free since we're all governmentally one country. However I believe one needs a passport to board a ferry to the Isle of Man or to Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland. Being part of the EU we don't need Visas to travel between EU member states though

Well, right now half of the UK is underwater and the other half is cold and wet, can't blame all the people who disappear off to Spain and South of France this time of year :p

We can travel around between Wales, Scotland and England passport free since we're all governmentally one country. However I believe one needs a passport to board a ferry to the Isle of Man or to Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland. Being part of the EU we don't need Visas to travel between EU member states though
I swear I saw a post of yours saying you were from the US... Maybe I was just tired. :lol:

The time I went to Mexico you only needed a certified birth certificate. Of course, that was in 1998. Gotta have a passport now (unless you are jumping the border...).

Family history can be fun. My mom's dad was a moonshiner back in the day. He hauled it in the horses' collars.

My dad's dad was a ridge runner (hauled moonshine). One time he had a whole load of 'shine boxed up and sitting on the front porch when they heard that the sheriff and deputies were coming up the road; since the road is a dead end and he lived at the end of it there was no running. My grandmother grabbed the quilt she was working on, went out on the porch, and sat down on the crates of moonshine spread the quilt out over it. The law pulled up and demanded to search the property. My grandmother let them and sat there and cussed them the whole time... all while sitting on the moonshine. The sheriff didn't find anything because they didn't want to get her ire up anymore than it already was, so they left.

One of my dad's mom's brothers was a gunner on B-52's in WW2. He flew his required missions to come home, then volunteered for one more; the plane was shot down.

Back
Top Bottom