Gas/petrol prices increase in Saudi Arabia.

My girlfriend is in Dubai at the moment and she pays the equivalent of 34p (£0.34GBP) per litre, I wish I only paid that...

What gets me, is, the fuel is taxed, we pay VAT, we pay VED (car tax), but the politicians seem more concerned about putting money in their own pockets than expanding the current outdated motorway system...

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Meh, Brits like moaning about their politicians in general, why change tradition eh?

That's like maybe more expensive than in MM's and TT's!

Hmm, I heard UAE has higher gas/petrol prices, but never thought more expensive than USA's (or those two parts mentioned above at least).

Eh, that's much cheaper than petrol in the US, I think some of the maths in your previous post may have been somewhat off haha

1.8AED is approximately 0.49USD, so in UAE the petrol is about 0.49USD per litre, whereas in the US the average is apparently 2.0USD a litre (including the west coast which seems to pay a lot more)

EDIT: Shit yeah, you're right, I thought it was 2.0USD a litre, but it's 2.0USD per gallon, my mistake!

In the UK I pay about 6.78USD per imperial gallon, or 5.63USD per US gallon.

Last edited:
Good! You'd fit right in here then... fuel is sold in litres, but the general standard is to measure fuel consumption in miles per gallon. The UK (imperial) gallon is also different to the US gallon (imperial gallons are around 4.5 litres).

So when I look up car reviews, sometimes it's difficult to tell the true fuel consumption because US sites will use miles per US gallon, and UK sites use miles per UK gallon!

But I don't think I can drive on the wrong side of the road :p

Ehhm...

Now I know why is it called "mileage" instead of "kiloage" or something.

Here we use the imperial system too. With prices like ours, we don't normally care for the documented fuel consumption. People like me still do tho because of my ~130km round trip to work daily with an old car.

Back
Top Bottom