Firefox query

bluenose1940

In Runtime
My main browser is Firefox. How can I set it up so that when I open it, it goes straight to my homepage without asking me the question "Do I want Firefox to be my default browser. It always opens at my homepage but always with the box with the question on top. I have tried ticking and unticking the box but it is always the same.

Before I get to my homepage, I also get an orange screen with the word 'settings' at the top with a list of available apps. If I click on the cross in the top corner, this then closes and I am at my homepage with the Firefox question.

Any help/guidance will as usual, be much appreciated. Many thanks.

When Firefox opens, Click the 3 lines on the right hand side of screen then go to options and you should see this

nV6TXnf.png

Hiya BK 123, yes I've been into options and it already shows what you suggest.

Even this morning I am still getting the message and the orange screen.

In Windows 10, go to Settings->System->Default apps. Scroll the list until you see the entry for Browser and click on the browser listed there. It will bring up a list of the browsers installed on your machine, select Firefox from that list.

Attachments

• dflt.jpg
    dflt.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
In Windows 10, go to Settings->System->Default apps. Scroll the list until you see the entry for Browser and click on the browser listed there. It will bring up a list of the browsers installed on your machine, select Firefox from that list.

Have followed your instruction but the only browser that appears is Microsoft edge, it doesn't mention Firefox at all.

That's strange. Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing FireFox?

I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox this morning and have exactly the same result. I still get the message and I still get the orange screen and when I go into 'options' there is only Microsoft Edge showing under the browser heading.

Back
Top Bottom